You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-05 03:46:26

avenuemars
Member
Registered: 2020-02-05
Posts: 10

[SOLVED] Installed Dialog but bash can't find wifi-menu command

Hello everyone, so my problem started when I decided to install arch today, i believe i did exactly the same way as the advised installation guidance from arch itself, maybe some of you have been encountered or solved this dialog wifi-menu problem, but I really don't know what I've done wrong.

So when I install arch, I came to arch-chroot step and run

pacman -S dialog wpa_supplicant

From the command above, I got the dialog and wpa_supplicant installed so after the installation finished I reboot the machine and login as root user but when I try to use the wifi-menu the following error appeared

bash: command not found

But when I run "dialog" all the information of the dialog packages show up in my screen. But again, I really don't know how to connect to wireless, and at this moment I can't use wired connection.

Any troubleshoot? I installed arch for educational purpose, so I am a newbie in this linux world

Last edited by avenuemars (2020-02-08 11:53:29)

Offline

#2 2020-02-05 04:09:02

Scimmia
Fellow
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 13,729

Re: [SOLVED] Installed Dialog but bash can't find wifi-menu command

did you actually install netctl? I assume you found the dialog and wpa_supplicant advice from google, instead of actually reading what pacman told you?

Offline

#3 2020-02-05 04:09:31

skunktrader
Member
From: Brisbane, Australia
Registered: 2010-02-14
Posts: 1,680

Re: [SOLVED] Installed Dialog but bash can't find wifi-menu command

$ pkgfile wifi-menu
core/netctl

edit: too slow

Last edited by skunktrader (2020-02-05 04:09:55)

Offline

#4 2020-02-05 07:41:58

avenuemars
Member
Registered: 2020-02-05
Posts: 10

Re: [SOLVED] Installed Dialog but bash can't find wifi-menu command

No, I did not install it, let me check netctl

Scimmia wrote:

did you actually install netctl? I assume you found the dialog and wpa_supplicant advice from google, instead of actually reading what pacman told you?

Offline

#5 2020-02-05 07:43:51

avenuemars
Member
Registered: 2020-02-05
Posts: 10

Re: [SOLVED] Installed Dialog but bash can't find wifi-menu command

Can't do this my brother,

skunktrader wrote:
$ pkgfile wifi-menu
core/netctl

edit: too slow

Offline

#6 2020-02-05 10:31:36

avenuemars
Member
Registered: 2020-02-05
Posts: 10

Re: [SOLVED] Installed Dialog but bash can't find wifi-menu command

Ok so now I've check arch pacman references, and it looks like I have to add netctl to my system,
Questions: so all I have to do right now is go to the arch-chroot and do

pacman -S netctl

Am I correct?

Scimmia wrote:

did you actually install netctl? I assume you found the dialog and wpa_supplicant advice from google, instead of actually reading what pacman told you?

Offline

#7 2020-02-05 11:36:17

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,399

Re: [SOLVED] Installed Dialog but bash can't find wifi-menu command

Yes.

Offline

#8 2020-02-08 01:13:51

avenuemars
Member
Registered: 2020-02-05
Posts: 10

Re: [SOLVED] Installed Dialog but bash can't find wifi-menu command

All set, everything is working fine right now, thanks for helping, what a nice forum:D Thanks guys!!!

Scimmia wrote:

did you actually install netctl? I assume you found the dialog and wpa_supplicant advice from google, instead of actually reading what pacman told you?

Offline

#9 2020-02-08 09:44:23

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,052

Re: [SOLVED] Installed Dialog but bash can't find wifi-menu command

Please always remember to mark resolved threads by editing your initial posts subject - so others will know that there's no task left, but maybe a solution to find.
Thanks.

Offline

#10 2020-02-08 11:53:55

avenuemars
Member
Registered: 2020-02-05
Posts: 10

Re: [SOLVED] Installed Dialog but bash can't find wifi-menu command

Got it buddy!

seth wrote:

Please always remember to mark resolved threads by editing your initial posts subject - so others will know that there's no task left, but maybe a solution to find.
Thanks.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB