You are not logged in.
Hello everyone, this is my first thread here, hopefully I don't break any rules :^).
Yesterday I decided to pacman -Syu on my laptop's arch install.
I don't know wheter because my battery was dead or because something else happened but my pc suddently shut down.
From that moment on the laptop has been stuck on a "_" symbol during the boot process.
I tried booting arch from a usb and to check the systemd journal but it's unreadable.
Any suggestion on what myght be the cause?
Last edited by Grrr_ (2020-02-07 22:53:04)
Offline
When you chroot in from the live media post the output of the following to a pastebin (see tip box in link):
pacman -QkkOffline
ix.io/2b1Z
Last edited by Grrr_ (2020-02-07 23:05:16)
Offline
That looks fine. Again from within the chroot making sure /boot is mounted if it is a separate filesystem, what is the output of
file /boot/vmlinuz-linux
file /boot/initramfs-linux.imgOffline
ix.io/2b23
ix.io/2b24
Offline
/boot/vmlinuz-linux: Linux kernel x86 boot executable bzImage, version 5.4.10-arch1-1warning: linux: /usr/lib/modules/5.5.2-arch1-1/modules.alias (Modification time mismatch)The warning is expected but the version is 5.5.2-arch1-1 which does not match 5.4.10-arch1-1
I would follow Pacman#Pacman_crashes_during_an_upgrade and at step 6 reinstall the kernel if it updated in step 4.
Offline
at step #4 It's giving me errors saying it can't retrive the .db files
Offline
What is the exact error message?
Offline