You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I've managed to permanently remove tap0 from my route table, but then found out that it broke OpenVPN. How do I add a new tap device, and then add it to the route table?
EDIT: I've added the device, but it always stays down no matter what. How do I keep it up?
Last edited by Vectorlocity (2020-02-08 16:10:21)
Offline
Generally it's better to have different threads for different issues, but that's basically still the same and you removed some context with the new thread.
Old thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=252734
Do you use https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ne … er-openvpn ?
Because there's no way to keep tap0 out of your routing table if you want to use it…
Offline
Yes, I am trying to use OpenVPN.
Thing is, tap0 keeps bringing down my internet by I still want to use OpenVPN.
unmanaged.conf:
[keyfile]
unmanaged-devices=interface-name:tap0EDIT: From now on I will be using this thread instead of the old one.
EDIT: Can't ping the IP address of my VPN. VPN is owned by my brother and so will be marking thread as solved.
Last edited by Vectorlocity (2020-02-08 16:10:04)
Offline
You should probably define your goals.
1) What are you using the VPN for e.g. the tunnel target, what does the network on the other side of the tunnel look like, is name resolution required for hosts on the remote network
2) what network traffic do you not want to go through the tunnel e.g. Internet, email, pron, games etc.
What your talking about, I think, is a split tunnel where default route points to your default gateway and on to the Internet.
Then you bring up the tunnel and a route is injected for specific traffic, like $dayjob stuff.
So, start thinking about and defining here (if you want help) how you would like traffic routed.
How name resolution would need to work for both connections.
Edit: Nevermind
Edit1: You should probably mark this as abandoned since nothing was solved.
Last edited by Zod (2020-02-08 16:23:31)
Offline
Pages: 1