You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-09 21:49:06

dank

loadkeys fails in 2020.02.01 installation live environment?

Hi,

I'm running the 2020.02.01 live installation environment.

I've found that loadkeys 2.2.0 included in the environment is apparently
not working the way I expect.  For instance, if I do

# cd /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/
    (decompress and edit a copy of us.map as us-ctrl_capslock.map)
    # loadkeys us-ctrl_capslock
    can't open 'qwerty-layout', because kbdfile already opened: ../include/qwerty-layout.inc

Similarly, 'loadkeys us' gives the same error.

I believe this is new since the last time I tried this.  It seems to be related to the
use of the line

include "qwerty-layout"

in us.map.  loadkeys does not complain with some of the other keymaps such as ua.map.gz which lack
this line.   Is there a way to tell 'loadkeys' to 'start from scratch' so that the (re-)inclusion of
qwerty-layout will not bother it?  Neither the '-c' nor '-s' options seems to do the trick.
Alternatively, is there another way to write the file so that it works either incrementally or 'from scratch'?

For a temporary effect I can comment out all of the 'include' lines in us-ctrl_capslock.map
that were in us.map, but I presume that would not work for persistent saving of the edited file.

#2 2020-09-09 22:21:02

monkd

Re: loadkeys fails in 2020.02.01 installation live environment?

Make sure you don't have syntax errors in the map files.

#3 2020-09-09 22:26:13

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

Re: loadkeys fails in 2020.02.01 installation live environment?

This thread refers to an iso from February. The OP has not been here since April. I am going to close this now -- dank, if you come back and are still having problems with the current iso, please open a new thread.

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer