You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-08 19:23:01

lukyky414

[SOLVED] Activities (KDE Plasma) broken

Hello,

I switch from virtual desktop to activity (mostly for different wallpaper).
After the kernel 5.4.1 kernel update, my shortcuts for switching to a specific activity was broken. (switch between the last or show the list still worked).
With 5.4.8 it worked again (I am not entirely sure it was kernel, but some problems were fixed with this update).

But now my activities are entirely broken. As you can see, I can switch activities with the list HD version
Activity list screenshot

And I have absolutely no activities in the settings! HD version
Activity settings screenshot

Just after a simple boot my shortcuts wasn't working. I still have them in settings > shortcuts > Global Shortcuts > Activity Manager, so I searched in settings > Wrokspace Behavior > Activities and found that I have no activity. There is no option available.
Please help sad

Last edited by lukyky414 (2020-02-11 14:00:23)

#2 2020-02-05 19:36:15

lukyky414

Re: [SOLVED] Activities (KDE Plasma) broken

I now have linux 5.5.2.arch1-1, and plasma-desktop 5.14.5-2 with kactivitymanagerd 5.17.5-1. I am up to date on every package installed.
My activities are back in the settings, but I still cannot use the shortcuts again. Like last time, switching with the last opened activity or show the list of activities still work, it is just the switching to a specific activity.
My settings are correct in Settings>Workspace Behavior>Activities and in Settings>Shortcuts>Global Shortcuts>Activity Manager.

It was working before I updated my system.

I can provide any logs, I just don't know which one to post, I will not post my entire system if I don't know.
Does anyone else have the same problem?

#3 2020-02-11 14:00:00

lukyky414

Re: [SOLVED] Activities (KDE Plasma) broken

I have found a solution here.
I am marking it solved but this solution is 3 years old and could be solved in KDE itself instead of this work around.

Board footer