You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-11 11:06:58

Poncho_grande
Member
Registered: 2017-04-09
Posts: 5

AUR package keeps saying it has an update

Hi

This was my first time creating an AUR package. Initially, everything went well. But now even if I fully uninstall and reinstall it, yay -Syu reports that there's an update.

I think it has something to do with package version. I set it to 1.0 at first, and then 1.1 after a small modification, mostly just to see if this would trigger an update.

How do I fix this? What is the correct way of setting the version so that this doesn't happen?

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/kappa-launcher-git/

Thank

Offline

#2 2020-02-11 13:09:16

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
From: Bagelstan
Registered: 2014-05-04
Posts: 2,420
Website

Re: AUR package keeps saying it has an update

The pkgver function returns rXX.YYY, while the AUR advertises it as 1.1. vercmp always sees "r" as older than 1.1:

$ vercmp r 1.1
-1

What you can do is submit the SRCINFO with the updated value from the pkgver function.

This matters even outside of helpers breaking, because kappa-launcher has no "1.0" or "1.1" tag so there's no point in advertising one.

Last edited by Alad (2020-02-11 13:12:32)


Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

Offline

#3 2020-02-11 15:11:07

Poncho_grande
Member
Registered: 2017-04-09
Posts: 5

Re: AUR package keeps saying it has an update

Thanks, that worked!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB