You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-11 12:14:58

avenuemars
Member
Registered: 2020-02-05
Posts: 10

[SOLVED] Services status list

Hello Everyone, I just installed Arch couple days ago and have submitted a topic about the arch installation previously. So, I made it into Arch right now, but here is the thing, I just install ssh via pacman and then I don't know how to list all the active and inactive services and ports. In previous distros that I've used, I just simply run service --status-all to do this, but now I think I can't use that service command. According to what I've read in wiki or other forums, it can be done by using systemd or systemctl command, but still I don't know how to use it properly, can anybody help me to solve this?

Last edited by avenuemars (2020-02-15 15:20:49)

Offline

#2 2020-02-11 12:18:04

schard
Forum Moderator
From: Hannover
Registered: 2016-05-06
Posts: 2,708
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Services status list

Active units:

systemctl --state=active

Inactive units:

systemctl --state=inactive

Bound sockets:

ss -tulpen

But you could have gotten all of that from a proper Wiki search.

PS: If you know the command, but not how to use it properly, read through

man <command>

Last edited by schard (2020-02-11 12:19:25)


Inofficial first vice president of the Rust Evangelism Strike Force

Offline

#3 2020-02-11 15:29:53

xerxes_
Member
Registered: 2018-04-29
Posts: 1,073

Re: [SOLVED] Services status list

systemctl list-unit-files --state=enabled
systemctl --state=failed
systemctl --state=masked
systemctl --state=not-found
systemctl list-timers
systemctl list-units --type=target
systemctl list-units --type=service
systemctl show remote-fs.target
systemctl cat remote-fs.target
systemctl status/(re)start/stop/enable/disable/mask/is-failed dbus.service
systemctl get-default
systemctl list-dependencies graphical.target
systemctl status
systemctl show

Offline

#4 2020-02-11 16:30:54

Zod
Member
From: Hoosiertucky
Registered: 2019-03-10
Posts: 636

Re: [SOLVED] Services status list

[user@carlos ~]$ systemctl status
● carlos
   State: running
   Jobs: 0 queued
   Failed: 0 units
   Since: Tue 2020-02-11 07:35:29 EST; 3h 49min ag
   CGroup: /
           ├─user.slice
           │ └─user-1000.slice
           │   ├─user@1000.service
           │   │ ├─mpd.service
           │   │ │ └─722 /usr/bin/mpd --no-daemon
           │   │ ├─pulseaudio.service
           │   │ │ ├─775 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no
           │   │ │ └─823 /usr/lib/pulse/gsettings-helper
           │   │ ├─init.scope
           │   │ │ ├─716 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd --user
           │   │ │ └─717 (sd-pam)
           │   │ ├─at-spi-dbus-bus.service
           │   │ │ └─1237 /usr/lib/at-spi-bus-launcher
           │   │ └─dbus.service
           │   │   ├─  732 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --session --address=systemd: --nofork --n>
           │   │   └─16379 /usr/lib/dconf-service
           │   └─session-1.scope
           │     ├─  714 /usr/lib/lxdm/lxdm-session
           │     ├─  723 /usr/bin/enlightenment_start
           │     ├─  733 /usr/bin/enlightenment
           │     ├─  735 /usr/bin/efreetd
           │     ├─  781 /usr/lib/enlightenment/utils/enlightenment_fm
           │     ├─  829 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium
           │     ├─  832 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --type=zygote
           │     ├─  834 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --type=zygote
           │     ├─  858 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --type=gpu-process --field-trial-hand>
           │     ├─  863 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --type=utility --field-trial-handle=6>
           │     ├─  917 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --type=renderer --disable-webrtc-apm->
           │     ├─  940 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --type=renderer --disable-webrtc-apm->
           │     ├─ 1087 /usr/lib/enlightenment/utils/enlightenment_thumb --nice=0
           │     ├─ 1189 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --type=renderer --disable-webrtc-apm->
           │     ├─ 1202 /usr/lib/thunderbird/thunderbird
           │     ├─29097 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --type=renderer --disable-webrtc-apm->
           │     ├─29178 /usr/lib/chromium/chromium --type=renderer --disable-webrtc-apm->
           │     ├─30539 xfw
           │     ├─30562 xterm
           │     ├─30564 bash
           │     ├─30592 systemctl status
           │     └─30593 less
           ├─init.scope
           │ └─1 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd --switched-root --system --deserialize 28
           └─system.slice
             ├─systemd-udevd.service
             │ └─303 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-udevd
             ├─polkit.service
             │ └─763 /usr/lib/polkit-1/polkitd --no-debug
             ├─rtkit-daemon.service
             │ └─778 /usr/lib/rtkit-daemon
             ├─iwd.service
             │ └─333 /usr/lib/iwd/iwd
             ├─lxdm.service
             │ ├─541 /usr/sbin/lxdm-binary
             │ └─562 /usr/lib/Xorg -background none :0 vt01 -nolisten tcp -novtswitch -au>
             ├─bluetooth.service
             │ └─537 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd
             ├─libvirtd.service
             ├─libvirtd.service
             │ ├─538 /usr/bin/libvirtd
             │ ├─685 /usr/bin/dnsmasq --conf-file=/var/lib/libvirt/dnsmasq/default.conf ->
             │ └─686 /usr/bin/dnsmasq --conf-file=/var/lib/libvirt/dnsmasq/default.conf ->
             ├─systemd-journald.service
             │ └─285 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-journald
             ├─sshd.service
             │ └─539 /usr/bin/sshd -D
             ├─systemd-machined.service
             │ └─395 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-machined
             ├─udisks2.service
             │ └─784 /usr/lib/udisks2/udisksd
             ├─acpid.service
             │ └─331 /usr/bin/acpid --foreground --netlink
             ├─dbus.service
             │ └─332 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system --address=systemd: --nofork --nopidfil>
             ├─smartd.service
             │ └─339 /usr/bin/smartd -n
             └─systemd-logind.service
               └─401 /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-logind

Offline

#5 2020-02-15 15:20:26

avenuemars
Member
Registered: 2020-02-05
Posts: 10

Re: [SOLVED] Services status list

Yups, solved, big thanks for all of you guys

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB