You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-15 16:08:41

rasko
Member
Registered: 2020-02-15
Posts: 5

[Solved] reset set-x11-keymap ctrl:swapcaps. Xev wrong output.

Hi everyone, been using Arch for almost 3 years.

I need to remap ctrl, alt, cmd key on my MBP with Arch installed.

Following the archwiki, I first successfully swapped ctrl and caps using

localectl set-x11-keymap "" "" "" ctrl:swapcaps

Then I want to revert the change by typing

 localectl set-x11-keymap "" "" "" ""

But the swap persists after reboot and /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ has nothing in it.

--

Also when I check keycodes using xev, even though it shows "CTRL_L" when I'm typing the left ctrl, the capslock get changed.

--

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Last edited by rasko (2020-02-16 06:17:38)

Offline

#2 2020-02-15 17:23:11

eronis55
Member
From: Samsun
Registered: 2015-03-25
Posts: 35

Re: [Solved] reset set-x11-keymap ctrl:swapcaps. Xev wrong output.

Aren't you supposed to create a file named 00-keyboard.conf in /etc/X11/xorg.cong.d/ ? That's how mine looks like;

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "system-keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Option "XkbLayout" "tr"
        Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
        Option "XkbVariant" "f"
        Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
EndSection

Offline

#3 2020-02-16 06:20:53

rasko
Member
Registered: 2020-02-15
Posts: 5

Re: [Solved] reset set-x11-keymap ctrl:swapcaps. Xev wrong output.

Hi @eronis55, Thanks for the quick reply!

The settings in xorg.conf.d is not working sadly, no matter what I set it with localectl set-x11-keymap is not changing the behaviour of my swapped ctrl and capslock

And xev is not working as well.

But another post help me solve this by modify in the gnome-tweak-tools <https://askubuntu.com/questions/33774/h … -ctrl-keys>

Don't know how gnome-tweak-tools did that tho. I'm quite curious.

Thanks anyway.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB