You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-17 03:12:25

hedron
Member
Registered: 2019-09-04
Posts: 8

installing xorgproto (2019.2-2) breaks dependency 'xf86dgaproto' requi

sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                  134.0 KiB   843 KiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
 extra                1640.5 KiB  6.76 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
 community               4.8 MiB  7.78 MiB/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
 multilib              161.7 KiB  8.31 MiB/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing xorgproto (2019.2-2) breaks dependency 'dmxproto' required by libdmx
:: installing xorgproto (2019.2-2) breaks dependency 'xf86dgaproto' required by libxxf86dga

How do I update my system now?

Offline

#2 2020-02-17 03:18:07

Scimmia
Fellow
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 13,729

Re: installing xorgproto (2019.2-2) breaks dependency 'xf86dgaproto' requi

Read the news on the front page. And update more often.

Offline

#3 2020-02-17 07:22:34

hedron
Member
Registered: 2019-09-04
Posts: 8

Re: installing xorgproto (2019.2-2) breaks dependency 'xf86dgaproto' requi

Scimmia wrote:

Read the news on the front page.

Hmmm... Never once did I ever find those news bits on any website useful. First time for everything I guess.

And update more often.

Because every time I do my system gets all kinds of problems. Like just now I got a kernel panic, after refused to boot because it couldn't find the swap to resume and dropped to an emergency shell but then I couldn't do anything so I booted the live CD and did fsck and mkinitcpio -P. Maybe it's because I didn't do swapon? doubt it.

So idk WTF to do now. All I did was Pacman -Syu

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB