You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-17 17:40:59

PiepsC
Member
Registered: 2020-02-17
Posts: 4

[Solved]wpa_supplicant hangs at connection succeeded

There we go again.

I've been trying to set up wifi for my new installation, but to no avail. I first tried using the official guide, then another guide found elsewhere. Both appear to work
up and until the actual connection.

I configured my wpa_supplicant.conf and am 100% certain both the SSID as well password are correct. The procedure started with wpa_supplicant -c /path/to/wpa_supplicant.conf -i wlp4s0
runs without any visible errors, then hangs at the line "CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - connection to [some address] completed [id=0,id_str=]". Even after 20 minutes of waiting nothing happens.

I have no leads at the moment. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by PiepsC (2020-02-17 18:07:27)

Offline

#2 2020-02-17 17:46:19

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: [Solved]wpa_supplicant hangs at connection succeeded

You aren't passing it the -B argument...


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2020-02-17 18:06:52

PiepsC
Member
Registered: 2020-02-17
Posts: 4

Re: [Solved]wpa_supplicant hangs at connection succeeded

jasonwryan wrote:

You aren't passing it the -B argument...

Thanks. I thought it was suppose to finish associating or something. Bit of a consequence of not really understanding what I'm suppose to do.

That's what I'm a newb for still eh, so not sure if the sarcasm was all that warranted.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB