You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I've recently installed Arch, the installation went fine, but post installation, I'm unable to connect to the internet.
when i run
systemctl enable systemd-networkd.servicei get
Failed to enable unit: unit file systemd-networkd.service does not exist.what am I missing here?
Last edited by thepolarcat (2020-02-19 02:22:53)
Offline
The base package does not include all tools from the live installation, so installing other packages may be necessary for a fully functional base system. In particular, consider installing:
...
software necessary for networking,
...
Offline
Thank you Jason.
But the problem now I can't connect to the internet, so how do I install the networking packages?
Offline
The message seems strange to me.
If systemctl reports this error, it means, that sytemd is installed. And systemd-networkd is a file owned by systemd, so it should exist.
Please provide the output of
pacman -Qkk systemdInofficial first vice president of the Rust Evangelism Strike Force
Offline
Boot back into the installation environment and chroot into your installation.
Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD
Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.
Online
@OP: please also post the output of
systemctl show -p UnitPath --no-pJin, Jîyan, Azadî
Offline
The message seems strange to me.
If systemctl reports this error, it means, that sytemd is installed. And systemd-networkd is a file owned by systemd, so it should exist.
Please provide the output ofpacman -Qkk systemd
systemd: 1649 total files, 0 altered files@OP: please also post the output of
systemctl show -p UnitPath --no-p
This is the output of OCR from a screenshot i took of the shell:
UnitPath=/etc/systemd/system.control
/run/systemd/system.control
/run/systemd/transient
/run/systemd /generator.early
/etc/systemd/system
/etc/systemd/system.attached
/run/systemd/system
/run/rsystemd/system.attached
/run/systemd/generator
usr/local/lib/systemd/system
usr/lib/systemd/system
/run/systemd/generator.lateOffline
Boot back into the installation environment and chroot into your installation.
I did that and enabled networkd and networkd-resolved and set the interface status to up.
That did it.
thanks.
Offline
Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] (edit the title of your first post).
Offline
Pages: 1