You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Since I installed Arch KDE on the new PC, I have continuous warnings in the journal and, when I make intensive use of graphics, even crashes.
The warnings (very many) concern kde, for example:
plasmashell[817]: org.kde.plasma: invalid metadata "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kcm_smserver.so"
plasmashell[817]: org.kde.plasma: invalid metadata "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/krunner_services.so"
plasmashell[817]: Entry is not valid "org.kde.kate.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x55f30ef260f0)
plasmashell[817]: Entry is not valid "org.kde.discover" QSharedPointer(0x55f30ef260f0)Others concern QT:
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 19805, resource id: 90177708, major code: 15 (QueryTree), minor code: 0
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 19859, resource id: 71303340, major code: 15 (QueryTree), minor code: 0
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 19911, resource id: 65011884, major code: 15 (QueryTree), minor code: 0Others sddm:
sddm-greeter[655]: QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
sddm-greeter[655]: QDBusConnection: name 'org.freedesktop.UDisks2' had owner '' but we thought it was ':1.19'
sddm-greeter[655]: file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/Main.qml:461: TypeError: Cannot read property 'smallSpacing' of null
sddm-greeter[655]: file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/Main.qml:420: TypeError: Cannot read property 'largeSpacing' of nullI also insert a line from Xorg.0.log that is about sddm:
Failed to open authorization file "/var/run/sddm/{2f603c23-3015-4c9c-a4de-2e31fbab5bb8}": No such file or directoryOther types of error concern colord:
kded5[776]: "/home/paz/.local/share/icc/.." is not an ICC profile
kded5[776]: kf5.kded: found kded module "colord" by prepending 'kded_' to the library path, please fix your metadata
kded5[776]: EDID ICC Profile already exists "/home/paz/.local/share/icc/edid-ff8567a666e426c56b928c9445caffae.icc"I tried formatting and reinstalling (following the wiki scrupulously) but I get exactly the same results. In the meantime I also changed my video card from AMD RX 5700 XT to Nvidia 1660. But the problems continue.
I also tried to delete all plasma* entries from ~/.config, but I always get the same errors.
I also leave the sequence of the journal in which, working with a video editing program, I got a crash:
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 19805, resource id: 90177708, major code: 15 (QueryTree), minor code: 0
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 19859, resource id: 71303340, major code: 15 (QueryTree), minor code: 0
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 19911, resource id: 65011884, major code: 15 (QueryTree), minor code: 0
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 19961, resource id: 58720428, major code: 15 (QueryTree), minor code: 0
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 20009, resource id: 46137516, major code: 15 (QueryTree), minor code: 0
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 20014, resource id: 46137516, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz systemd-coredump[2772]: Process 2675 (cin) of user 1000 dumped core.
Stack trace of thread 2682:
#0 0x0000562aa1bdeb08 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0x3698b08)
#1 0x0000562a9f0b1947 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb6b947)
#2 0x0000562a9f0a690b n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb6090b)
#3 0x00007fdb3ee7046f start_thread (libpthread.so.0 + 0x946f)
#4 0x00007fdb3e7593d3 __clone (libc.so.6 + 0xff3d3)
Stack trace of thread 2714:
#0 0x00007fdb3e7212d1 clock_nanosleep@@GLIBC_2.17 (libc.so.6 + 0xc72d1)
#1 0x00007fdb3e726bf7 __nanosleep (libc.so.6 + 0xccbf7)
#2 0x0000562a9f0a7149 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb61149)
#3 0x0000562a9f0b78ef n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb718ef)
#4 0x0000562a9f0a690b n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb6090b)
#5 0x00007fdb3ee7046f start_thread (libpthread.so.0 + 0x946f)
#6 0x00007fdb3e7593d3 __clone (libc.so.6 + 0xff3d3)
Stack trace of thread 2720:
#0 0x00007fdb3e750f0b __select (libc.so.6 + 0xf6f0b)
#1 0x0000562a9f09dfe8 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb57fe8)
#2 0x0000562a9f0a690b n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb6090b)
#3 0x00007fdb3ee7046f start_thread (libpthread.so.0 + 0x946f)
#4 0x00007fdb3e7593d3 __clone (libc.so.6 + 0xff3d3)
Stack trace of thread 2707:
#0 0x00007fdb3ee76cf5 pthread_cond_wait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 (libpthread.so.0 + 0xfcf5)
#1 0x0000562a9f09e2cb n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb582cb)
#2 0x0000562a9f0958a6 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb4f8a6)
#3 0x0000562a9f0966e0 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb506e0)
#4 0x0000562a9f097638 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb51638)
#5 0x0000562a9edbb645 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0x875645)
#6 0x0000562a9f0a690b n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb6090b)
#7 0x00007fdb3ee7046f start_thread (libpthread.so.0 + 0x946f)
#8 0x00007fdb3e7593d3 __clone (libc.so.6 + 0xff3d3)
Stack trace of thread 2675:
#0 0x00007fdb3ee76cf5 pthread_cond_wait@@GLIBC_2.3.2 (libpthread.so.0 + 0xfcf5)
#1 0x0000562a9f09e2cb n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb582cb)
#2 0x0000562a9f0958a6 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb4f8a6)
#3 0x0000562a9f0966e0 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb506e0)
#4 0x0000562a9f097638 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0xb51638)
#5 0x0000562a9eee852b n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0x9a252b)
#6 0x0000562a9ebb1a36 n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0x66ba36)
#7 0x00007fdb3e681023 __libc_start_main (libc.so.6 + 0x27023)
#8 0x0000562a9ebb972e n/a (/home/paz/cinelerra5/cinelerra-5.1/bin/cin + 0x67372e)
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz systemd[1]: systemd-coredump@0-2771-0.service: Succeeded.
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz audit[1]: SERVICE_STOP pid=1 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='unit=systemd-coredump@0-2771-0 comm="systemd" exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? terminal=? res=success'
feb 16 20:46:51 arch-paz kernel: audit: type=1131 audit(1581882411.980:63): pid=1 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295 msg='unit=systemd-coredump@0-2771-0 comm="systemd" exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? terminal=? res=success'
feb 16 20:46:55 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 20655, resource id: 20971541, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
feb 16 20:46:55 arch-paz kwin_x11[819]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 20661, resource id: 29360389, major code: 18 (ChangeProperty), minor code: 0
feb 16 20:46:58 arch-paz konsole[2781]: QCommandLineParser: already having an option named "h"
feb 16 20:46:58 arch-paz konsole[2781]: QCommandLineParser: already having an option named "help-all"
feb 16 20:46:58 arch-paz konsole[2781]: QCommandLineParser: already having an option named "v"What I'm asking is how to investigate KDE to get to the bottom of the problems. I can't find anything on Google or the forum. The only idea that came to me is the fact that I don't install "Plasma" or "Plasma-meta", but "Plasma-desktop". Is it possible that in this minimal installation something necessary is missing?
My PC: Asus X570; Ryzen 3700x; Nvidia 1660.
A complete journal is at:
Offline
You can ignore most of these. The crash has no relevance to KDE, but reads like CPU microcode bugs. Read and apply early microcode loading: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Microcode at the very least, maybe even try updating your BIOS/UEFI.
I don't really know the deal with the invalid metadata, but I have that as well and it doesn't seem to cause any harm, the XCB errors are normal and are a side effect of async communication between xorg and the application (if you close a window, xorg might unregister/kill it before the Qt application gets that information, and when it tries to access something that it tought was still available it will log out that warning, it's harmless)
Offline
The ryzen 3700x is new and still not very well supported. So there are frequent releases of microcode; I do all the updates. The Asus TUF x570 Bios is updated, even if the last release is in November (and for a new chipset it seems strange not to make frequent updates).
The fact that I don't have all these warnings on my old laptop confirms that it depends on too new hardware.
Thanks for the clarifications and reassurances, the messages about sddm remain; do you think they are ignorable? The line taken from Xorg.0.log I don't understand it at all (the file obviously exists: User and Groupd owner = sddm), the rest of the log doesn't report the slightest error.
Last edited by apaz (2020-02-19 09:45:24)
Offline
Yes if your vendor is that slow with UEFI updates you definitely should set up early microcode loading, those are likely updated more frequently (from what I've seen late loading is quite unreliable and not guaranteed to be properly applied, explicitly setting up early loading should be preferred).
I have the SDDM line in xorg.log as well. But as it launches and generally works as it should I doubt it has much relevance. It might be that the file is only created after xorg checks for it.
Offline
Pages: 1