You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-29 18:20:16

Ashish
Member
Registered: 2019-07-09
Posts: 8

Not able to connect to institute wifi after linux kernel 5.4 update

I am not able to connect to my institute's wifi since I updated to kernel 5.4. My wifi card is rtl8188ee.
I can successfully connect to my phone's hotspot.
I also tried kernel 5.5 from testing repo, but it didn't help. I am currently running kernel 5.3.13 and with that i can successfully connect to the wifi.
The relevant errors from journalctl are at http://ix.io/28IX

Last edited by Ashish (2020-01-30 14:53:56)

Offline

#2 2020-01-29 23:05:08

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,052

Re: Not able to connect to institute wifi after linux kernel 5.4 update

Please always post file contents and command I/O in code tags and post the complete system journal (you can use eg. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pastebin to feed it into a pastebin service) rather than a random bunch of capped lines which by their timestamps you also shuffled out of context. That's useless.

Offline

#3 2020-02-19 15:51:19

Ashish
Member
Registered: 2019-07-09
Posts: 8

Re: Not able to connect to institute wifi after linux kernel 5.4 update

The problem is caused due to some bug in the wifi driver. Here is the link of the commit which caused the problem https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commi … ff=unified and here is the url to the bug report https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new/issues/528

Last edited by Ashish (2020-02-19 15:51:52)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB