You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-20 12:48:28

DCx86
Member
From: Uppsala
Registered: 2018-02-20
Posts: 47

[SOLVED] Is there any way to copy files when the os boot is broken?

Hello,

I've done a big noob mistype mistake and moved some of the root files / into another directory. (I meant ./ and I typed /)
I know where the files are but I can't get to the terminal since the boot is broken.

switch_root: failed to execute /sbin/init: No such file or directory

Any other way I can copy back those files?

Thanks.

Last edited by DCx86 (2020-02-20 19:30:03)

Offline

#2 2020-02-20 13:13:25

schard
Forum Moderator
From: Hannover
Registered: 2016-05-06
Posts: 2,708
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Is there any way to copy files when the os boot is broken?

Boot with the install medium, mount the installed system and move the files back to their original locations.


Inofficial first vice president of the Rust Evangelism Strike Force

Offline

#3 2020-02-20 19:29:17

DCx86
Member
From: Uppsala
Registered: 2018-02-20
Posts: 47

Re: [SOLVED] Is there any way to copy files when the os boot is broken?

Thanks, It worked!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB