You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I'm installing Arch for the very first time. I'm writing this on my phone, so sorry for keeping it short. I want to use I3-wm as window manager. I tried a lot of stuff, the problem is that when I type 'startx' the following screen appears:
https://i.imgur.com/rn00Kbk_d.jpg?maxwi … ity=medium
It looks like some icons could not be loaded. Does anyone have an idea what the issue is? I'm happy for any hint!
Mod Edit - Replaced oversized image with link.
CoC - Pasting pictures and code
Last edited by Slithery (2020-02-24 21:52:29)
Offline
launching a stock i3 configuration wont show any icons,wallpaper or any windows, you can read the ~/.i3/config and see whats the key bind for dmenu, you can launch apps from there, your photo seems to show that X starts without issue, i suggest you do some more reading on the configuration of i3.
http://i3wm.org/docs/userguide.html#configuring
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/I3
Regards
Last edited by cirrus (2020-02-24 16:08:16)
Ancestoral Clan https://cirrus.freevar.com/mclean.html
Offline
Thanks for your reply. I think the problem is not clearly visible in the first image. Here are two more: https://imgur.com/a/J5pnFao
Furthermore, the shortcuts, such as Alt+Enter, are not working.
In the image you can see multiple chars that look like '| |'. There must be some UI library/package missing, right?
Offline
Actually, there is a reaction if I press Alt- Enter if I start i3 with the root user:
https://i.imgur.com/yJZUNfc.jpg
This would confirm my theory that this is related to some UI error, right?
Mod Edit - Replaced oversized image with link.
CoC - Pasting pictures and code
Last edited by Slithery (2020-02-24 21:52:51)
Offline
Sorry for the many posts. Another update: I executed `pacman -S i3-wm dmenu xorg xorg-xinit`.
Now the screen looks slightly different:
https://i.imgur.com/NTLtP6G.jpg
Mod Edit - Replaced oversized image with link.
CoC - Pasting pictures and code
Last edited by Slithery (2020-02-24 21:53:13)
Offline
@Vilib29
Please read the Code of Conduct regarding images - I've just had to edit your last 3 posts.
Offline
Install a font package.
Offline
Pages: 1