You are not logged in.
Hi there,
I have a new Arch Linux setup, and everything seems to be going well, except for the fact that the X server keyboard layout keeps reverting back to US (from UK) every time I reboot. It does this even though my 00-keyboard.conf file specifically states 'gb' for the keyboard layout.
Here are the current contents of the file in case you need them:
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "system-keyboard"
MatchIsKeyboard "on"
Option "XkbLayout" "gb"
EndSection
Can anyone give me an idea of why this is happening?
Offline
Offline
Many desktop environments keep their own settings and apply them on login.
Also check your xorg log on whether the "system-keyboard" is applied (or overridden by a more specific rule)
Online
Locale:
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_GB.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=Localectl:
System Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
VC Keymap: uk
X11 Layout: gbDoesn't seem to be anything wrong there...
Offline
Many desktop environments keep their own settings and apply them on login.
Also check your xorg log on whether the "system-keyboard" is applied (or overridden by a more specific rule)
I checked my MATE settings and it seemed to show up as English (UK) just fine.
Checking my Xorg logs it just seems to repeat the phrase 'Applying InputClass "system-keyboard"' in different places. Nothing about it being overridden (unless I'm missing something)
Offline
These settings?
https://i.stack.imgur.com/JoFOM.png
Let's see "setxkbmap -print -query" when the keyboard layout is wrong.
Online