You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-25 17:13:50

DAMO238
Member
Registered: 2020-02-25
Posts: 51

Mounting a bluetooth device as a block device

To access my google drive, I use google-drive-ocamlfuse from the AUR to mount google drive to a folder on my system. This is very handy for many reasons (in my case mostly for transferring machine learning data to and from google colab).

I have set up bluetoothctl to be paired with my phone and can connect just fine. Using blueman, I can also get my phone to send files. Unfortunately, all these files get dumped onto my home folder, meaning I then need to go through and sort it all out. A more ideal solution would be to mount my phone and just take the files I need. Just by searching the web, wiki and forums, I found a potential solution in the form of this script, but it doesn't work because I have not yet mounted my phone and so it is not in my mtab.

#!/bin/zsh
fusermount -u ~/Phone 
obexfs -b $1 ~/Phone

An alternative solution that isn't quite as good but would work ok is being able to set the destination folder for my files that I send from my phone, but I couldn't find any information on that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline

#2 2020-02-25 20:14:27

DAMO238
Member
Registered: 2020-02-25
Posts: 51

Re: Mounting a bluetooth device as a block device

Quick update:

I have done some more research and testing, and tried running

 obexfs -b <MAC_ADDRESS> ~/Phone 

by itself, and while it did not give any errors, the mount point is still empty.

Offline

#3 2020-02-25 20:36:54

DAMO238
Member
Registered: 2020-02-25
Posts: 51

Re: Mounting a bluetooth device as a block device

Update 2:

Turns out that obexftp doesn't either by itself or within blueman when trying to send a file. The error is 'unknown error on connect' which is very enlightening.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB