You are not logged in.
Hi,
When I want to use the HDMI output on my laptop, I can switch it on using intel-virtual-output. Everything works fine except when I reissue the command after the computer wakes up from sleep or hibernation. Sometimes, the second screen doesn't turn back on and most of the time it will show a large square next to my mouse pointer. This square has a random color pattern with and only appears on my second screen. I tried making screenshots, but the square doesn't appear on screenshots
so I made a photo of my screen.
I can fix the problem by rebooting, but restarting Gnome doesn't help.
I'm using a Thinkpad P50 with a Quadro M1000M graphics card and Gnome on Xorg (with Wayland, the HDMI output doesn't work at all).
Is there something I'm doing wrong, or how can I stop the square from showing up?
Thanks!
Xorg log file: /var/log/Xorg.8.log 
Edit: Added Xorg log
Last edited by SpaceInvader3 (2020-02-27 20:42:53)
Offline
By restarting bumbleed.service and then issuing intel-virtual-output fixes the problem.
Offline