You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-27 13:48:48

EndUserOnly

[CLOSED] NZBGet

This is my second attempt at installing nzbget. I once had it working under Debian, but continue to fail under Arch. I am using firecfg on my desktop, and I have used firetools to create a default nzbget profile allowing access to my home folder. Initially I used the Daemon method. And after continous fails have switched to try the CLI method. So I will post the cli commands to show exactly what I am encountering. This with the service stopped.

$ systemctl stop nzbget.service
$ sudo chown -R nzbget:nzbget /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
$ chmod 775 /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
chmod: changing permissions of '/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet': Operation not permitted
$ sudo chmod 775 /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
$ sudo -u nzbget /usr/bin/nzbget -c /var/lib/nzbget/.nzbget -D
.nzbget(55): Invalid value for option "TempDir" (/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//tmp): could not read information for directory /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//tmp: errno 13,
.nzbget(52): Invalid value for option "QueueDir" (/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//queue): could not read information for directory /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//queue: errno 13,
.nzbget(46): Invalid value for option "NzbDir" (/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//nzb): could not read information for directory /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//nzb: errno 13,
/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//nzbget.log: Permission denied

When using the Daemon and connecting through http://localhost:6789/ - when I check the logfile I get the same errors. Additionally I have established the nzbget:nzbget user/group correctly using the Arch WiKi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by EndUserOnly (2020-03-01 16:01:35)

#2 2020-02-27 15:53:49

CarbonChauvinist
Website

Re: [CLOSED] NZBGet

Invalid value for option "TempDir" (/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//tmp)
Invalid value for option "QueueDir" (/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//queue)
Invalid value for option "NzbDir" (/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//nzb)
/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet//nzb: errno 13,

Have no experience with NZBGet, but as a fresh set of eyes I noticed what's quoted above.

I'd double check the config for each value listed {TempDir, QueueDir, NzbDir} - looks like a double slash is added before the last folder name(s)? Perhaps in the config you've specified a folder location and ended it with a slash that's not supposed to be there? As the software adds its own?

Last edited by CarbonChauvinist (2020-02-27 15:56:34)

"the wind-blown way, wanna win? don't play"

#3 2020-02-27 18:00:21

EndUserOnly

So I went back into the config file and used ~/Downloads as the main directory. Also correcting the error you pointed out. However, ~ is /var/lib/nzbget/.nzbget. This works I can download and decompress the usenet file IN the var folder. Root is not setup to handle the size files I will be downloading.

When I use the full path /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet, as the main directory I get the following error.

error    Thu Feb 27 2020 18:33:12    Could not create file /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet/tmp/readurl-1.tmp
info    Thu Feb 27 2020 18:32:03    nzbget 21.1-testing-r2312 (makepkg) daemon-mode
info    Thu Feb 27 2020 18:32:03    Pausing all activities due to errors in configuration
error    Thu Feb 27 2020 18:32:03    .nzbget(46): Invalid value for option "NzbDir" (/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet/nzb): could not read information for directory /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet/nzb: errno 13,
error    Thu Feb 27 2020 18:32:03    .nzbget(52): Invalid value for option "QueueDir" (/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet/queue): could not read information for directory /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet/queue: errno 13,
error    Thu Feb 27 2020 18:32:03    .nzbget(55): Invalid value for option "TempDir" (/home/william/Downloads/NZBGet/tmp): could not read information for directory /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet/tmp: errno 13,

This is as far as I made it the last time I tried. I cannot have usenet files using the /var folder for storage and as a working directory.

I tried changing the destination folder on CLI and got the same thing:

toshiba ~]$ sudo -u nzbget /usr/bin/nzbget -c /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet -D
[sudo] password for william:
NZBGet(0): Could not open file /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
toshiba ~]$ sudo -u nzbget /usr/bin/nzbget -c /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet/ -D
(0): Could not open file /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet/
toshiba ~]$ cd /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
toshiba NZBGet]$ ls
Placeholder.odt

Last edited by EndUserOnly (2020-02-27 18:49:18)

#4 2020-02-27 19:20:09

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Seems to be a basic permissions issue at this point: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fi … attributes

That said, where does nzbget.service come from? It's not provided by the official package, so have you created your own, or installed one from elsewhere? If you still have issues with it after fixing the permissions so running it manually works, read up on systemd.exec, specifically the ProtectHome directive.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#5 2020-03-01 07:16:27

EndUserOnly

The link pertains primarily to file attributes, I need folder attributes. In that wise, however i have the following:

[ $ ls -l /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
total 12
-rw-r--r-- 1 nzbget nzbget 8392 Feb 22 03:46 Placeholder.odt

$ namei -l /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
f: /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
drwxr-xr-x root    root   /
drwxr-xr-x root    root   home
drwx------ william users  william
drwxr-xr-x william users  Downloads
drwxrwxrwx nzbget  nzbget NZBGet

$ sudo chmod ugo+rwx /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet

$ ls -l /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
total 12
-rw-r--r-- 1 nzbget nzbget 8392 Feb 22 03:46 Placeholder.odt

$ namei -l /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
f: /home/william/Downloads/NZBGet
drwxr-xr-x root    root   /
drwxr-xr-x root    root   home
drwx------ william users  william
drwxr-xr-x william users  Downloads
drwxrwxrwx nzbget  nzbget NZBGet  ]

I basically gave everybody rwx permissions on that folder and it did nothing.

Also based on the "namei -l" user nzbget has full access to the folder already, which was done by instructions in the WiKi, and the command to start nzbget from the WIkI is under user nzbget: "sudo -u nzbget /usr/bin/nzbget -c /var/lib/nzbget/.nzbget -D"

Any other suggestions.

#6 2020-03-01 09:11:42

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

wiki wrote:

in fact if any folder in the path does not have the x bit set, the final file or folder cannot be accessed either, regardless of its permissions

Please use code tags for the terminal output: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … s_and_code

Mod note: moving to NC

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Board footer