You are not logged in.
Hi everyone,
On one of my PCs, root fails to mount on startup sometimes.
That system is now up. I run smartctl and disk seems to be OK.
Anything else I can run while the system is up and mounted?
Thanks
Edit:
Solved by adding kernel parameters.
Last edited by Tharbad (2020-04-20 07:13:31)
Offline
Read the journal from a failed boot...
Offline
There is none...
Offline
There is no journal entries at all? Please paste the exact commands and the output.
Offline
journalctl -b -1
It gives me the last successful boot where / was mounted.
Offline
If the root FS isn't mounted, there's no chance to write the journal to disk (though I guess you could direct ít somewhere else)
root fails to mount on startup sometimes
With what exact message?
Did you try to pass
rootdelay= [KNL] Delay (in seconds) to pause before attempting to
mount the root filesystem
rootwait [KNL] Wait (indefinitely) for root device to show up.
Useful for devices that are detected asynchronously
(e.g. USB and MMC devices).to the kernel?
Offline
If the root FS isn't mounted, there's no chance to write the journal to disk (though I guess you could direct ít somewhere else)
root fails to mount on startup sometimes
With what exact message?
Did you try to pass
rootdelay= [KNL] Delay (in seconds) to pause before attempting to mount the root filesystem rootwait [KNL] Wait (indefinitely) for root device to show up. Useful for devices that are detected asynchronously (e.g. USB and MMC devices).to the kernel?
It waited for the root to show up (10 sec) and then I got the emergency cmd.
I'll add rootwait to linux-lts and rootdelay=90 to linux kernel.
Offline