You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-10 16:58:44

broich

How to contribute to AUR package? android-studio

Hello,

how can i contribute to the AUR android-studio package. The maintainer is kordianbruck.
I cant find a way to contact him. Or how can i become a comaintainer?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by broich (2020-03-10 16:59:00)

#2 2020-03-10 17:12:34

eschwartz
Fellow

Re: How to contribute to AUR package? android-studio

Why do you want to become the maintainer? It's been out of date for a couple of weeks, and the maintainer just responded to something in the package comments a day ago. It seems reasonable that within a few days it will be updated.

Moreover, you have not attempted to discuss things with the maintainer in the AUR comments. That is the usual way of contacting the maintainer.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#3 2020-03-10 17:31:03

broich

Thanks. I just updated the Package and wanted to commit the changes. In the wiki i did not find information on how to send pull-request. And posting the code in the comments is not a good workflow.

#4 2020-03-10 17:39:54

Slithery
Administrator

The AUR doesn't do pull requests.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#5 2020-03-10 17:56:05

eschwartz
Fellow

So you've posted it in the comments now, but as far as I can tell, you changed nothing but the pkgver and build number. Pull requests aren't needed for this, because anyone can bump the version -- the out of date notification is all that is needed.

You've also changed the license from "Apache" to "custom", but you could just comment "the license is incorrect, please change it to 'custom' and distribute the license from https://developer.android.com/studio/terms".

Then the package maintainer could add that as a source=() url, or copy it into a plaintext (not HTML) file, or whatever is needed.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer