You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-04 22:11:37

dviktor

Useful tool to check R packages submitted to the AUR

There are a lot of R packages contributed to the Arch User Repository. I also maintain few dozens of it. Some of R packages love to be updated very often and it's always a bit pain to check for the newer versions. For example, if you have installed them via AUR RStudio will always say that all packages are up to date but it's not true. So after some months of discouraging manual updates check process I decided to simplify my life and made some small tool to automate this routine.

aurrpkgs
You can get it directly from GitHub page or install via AUR package. Feel free to contribute (better via issues/PRs on GitHub).

It's very simple to use this tool: just specify your (or some other) username in command line:

aurrpkgs <username>

Tool will display all outdated packages and upstream version info.

Last edited by dviktor (2019-10-05 18:25:28)

#2 2019-10-05 18:54:45

Lone_Wolf

Re: Useful tool to check R packages submitted to the AUR

You should have working Python of version 3.2 or newer installed on your system.

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-326/

python 3.2.6 is the last 3.2 version and from oct 2014 .
Are you planning to support enterprise LTS versions besides arch linux & manjaro or is that version number a typo ?

It would be nice if you added a few lines to the readme how you determine which packages in AUR are checked and where you go to determine out-of-dateness.

Note : I'm not an R user.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2019-10-05 18:59:15

dviktor

The only reason of using version 3.2 and higher is the argparse module - it was added in Python version 3.2. Generally my script doesn't use anything other than standard Python library to reduce overhead and dependencies. Script isn't distro-specific.

Good comment about short description of algorithm, I will add it soon

#4 2020-03-10 22:31:02

dviktor

Now it works in parallel!

Board footer