You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-15 16:50:40

Smour
Member
From: Switzerland
Registered: 2020-03-15
Posts: 3

[SOLVED] Issue to blacklist specific sound card with alsa

Hello, I can't manage to blacklist the integrated nvidia sound card (nvidia rtx 2080ti).
My approch might be bad, what I tried to do is :

cat /proc/asound/modules
0 snd_hda_intel
1 snd_hda_intel

and then put the one I want to blacklist to

nano /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-blacklist.conf
blacklist snd_hda_intel

As you can see the two sound card have the same name, I can't blacklist one without the other one.

My question is, do I need to do it differently? Or there is something I need to precise inside alsa-blacklist.conf ?

details of the two cards:

cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                      HDA Intel PCH at 0x55230000 irq 131
 1 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0x55080000 irq 17

Thanks by advance for any advice,

Smour

Last edited by Smour (2020-03-16 16:05:55)

Offline

#2 2020-03-16 12:25:50

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,442

Re: [SOLVED] Issue to blacklist specific sound card with alsa

I doubt that's possible, what are you trying to achieve ?


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#3 2020-03-16 13:33:01

Smour
Member
From: Switzerland
Registered: 2020-03-15
Posts: 3

Re: [SOLVED] Issue to blacklist specific sound card with alsa

Lone_Wolf wrote:

I doubt that's possible, what are you trying to achieve ?

I try to remove the nvidia sound card cause when I lauch games (through wine), my soundcard reset (or at least it's what it looks like for me^^) and autoenable the nvidia card. The problem is that sound from other applications switch to it automatically.
When that arrives I need to manualy set the nvidia card to "off" (pulseaudio plugin). As I never use it I just want to blacklist it or completly remove access to it.

Sorry for my poor english, I hope I have made this sufficiently clear.

Thanks.

Offline

#4 2020-03-16 14:59:31

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,393

Re: [SOLVED] Issue to blacklist specific sound card with alsa

If you disable module-switch-on-connect (or module-switch-on-port-available depending on how the nvidia card is enumerated) you can disable that from/for pulseaudio in particular (search and comment/remove the relevant line in /etc/pulse/default.pa or check your desktop mixer utilities, some will feature checkboxes to enable/disable this). The next pulseaudio release will also feature a blacklist for module-switch-on-connect

Offline

#5 2020-03-16 16:02:58

Smour
Member
From: Switzerland
Registered: 2020-03-15
Posts: 3

Re: [SOLVED] Issue to blacklist specific sound card with alsa

V1del wrote:

If you disable module-switch-on-connect (or module-switch-on-port-available depending on how the nvidia card is enumerated) you can disable that from/for pulseaudio in particular (search and comment/remove the relevant line in /etc/pulse/default.pa or check your desktop mixer utilities, some will feature checkboxes to enable/disable this). The next pulseaudio release will also feature a blacklist for module-switch-on-connect

It worked perfectly fine Thanks for your help.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB