You are not logged in.
I am using uswsusp (s2disk) to hibernate my laptop. After resuming from the hibernation, I have some problem with skype: its icon is in the taskbar, but when I click on it to maximize the skype window, then I suddenly get a black screen and freeze, with only two lines on the screen, which are the system messages form the latest s2disk / uswsusp command. Then I have to restart the laptop by switching it off completely. The laptop in this case reacts to the pressing of the power-off button, so its state mustn't be a complete freeze, because then I can see system messages on the screen related to the power-off (eg.: unmounting drives, etc). I guess I have to force quit skype before the hibernation begins, but how can I do that? Or any other method for resolving this issue?
Offline
You could kill the process from a sleep/hibernation hook: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Po … stem-sleep
(The hooks run as root, so sth. like "pkill skype" or "killall skype" should do, but check the actually process name)
Offline