You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-30 22:40:37

tomasalles

MySQL Workbench Tables could not be fetched

Hello guys,

I'm fairly new to arch and Linux (about 6 months in). Been loving the experience event though I've been hitting some walls. Prior to this I've only dabbled with other linux distros here and there, very little.

I've now been having a problems with mysql workbench as it doesn't fetch my dbs tables/views/etc.
Hoping someone here can help.

I'm using mysql from lampp, thinking that might be the problem... Should I install MariaDB like archwiki advises? Or even mysql standalone from aur?

Regards!
tomasalles

#2 2020-03-30 22:58:57

CarbonChauvinist
Website

Re: MySQL Workbench Tables could not be fetched

tomasalles wrote:

I've now been having a problems with mysql workbench as it doesn't fetch my dbs tables/views/etc.

Being more specific about what the issue actually is may elicit more help. Are you having a connection issue?

tomasalles wrote:

I'm using mysql from lampp, thinking that might be the problem

What do you mean by this? How did you install the msql server instance you're trying to connect to?

With that being said, unless you need some feature that's specific to mysql workbench, have you looked at dbeaver?

"the wind-blown way, wanna win? don't play"

#3 2020-03-30 23:21:09

tomasalles

Re: MySQL Workbench Tables could not be fetched

Hey, 

Issue was: see https://imgur.com/65X1PAh
MySQL Workbench wasn't showing db tables.

I installed LAMPP following this archwiki guide https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/XAMPP
which comes with mariadb instance.

Will look at dbeaver

BTW fixed it with a little more digging.

Ran sudo /opt/lampp/bin/mysql_upgrade in case someone is interested found the solution in stackoverflow as usual.

Anyway thanks for the fast reply Carbon.

Board footer