You are not logged in.

#1 2003-02-03 10:11:38

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Submitting packages (kbear)?

I succeeded to build kbear-2.1-1 (a graphical ftp client for KDE) and then install the package. Kbear is a powerful tool:
http://kbear.sourceforge.net/

How do I submit the package and PKGBUILD file to Arch Linux? In AL's documentation I read the below annoncement but cannot login.

AL documentation wrote:

New packages can be uploaded to ftp.archlinux.org/incoming.  Note the following before submitting any packages:

1. All packages should come with the package build script (PKGBUILD).
       2. Please add a comment line to the top of your PKGBUILD file that follows this format:

# Contributor: Your Name <your.email>

3. When a package is received it will be assigned to a package maintainer, who will inspect it to make sure it follows these guidelines.  If they have any questions, the maintainer will email you for clarification.

Note: I tried earlier to build it (kbear) but not possible until kde-3.1-1 was released.

Markku

#2 2003-02-03 11:34:45

sarah31
Website

Re: Submitting packages (kbear)?

make a kbear directory. then place thge PKGBUILD. filelist, and the built package. then tar zip or bz2 zip up the directory then upload it to /incoming.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2003-02-03 23:10:35

apeiro
Daddy
Website

Sorry guys n' gals, I've disabled MKDIR access on the ftp server to try and discourage all the warez drops that have been plaguing sarah31 lately.  You can still upload files, but only to the /incoming directory, no subdirs.

#4 2003-02-04 01:47:18

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

To get the package submitted, this is what I did (for those who are new in submitting packages, like me).

Host: ftp.archlinux.org
User: anonymous
Pass: anonymous

Upload to /incoming

To make a tarball (gzipped tar file with PKGBUILD, filelist and built package):
http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~bivenj/tarball.htm
Example:
tar -czvf kbear-2.1-1.tar.gz kbear

Markku

Board footer