You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-03 08:26:07

sycx2

USB Headset problems / not found

Hello guys smile I'm pretty new to linux but am a programmer myself. Still I can't figure out some things. I'm using manjaro, so it's an arch-based distro.

It started with a bug where I couldn't play any web videos. I thought it was something with the gpu but then i realized that I didn't got sound anymore.
I couldn't hear anything through my headphones until I killed pulseaudio with 'sudo killall pulseaudio'. After doing that the videos started to load again but it was not for long. I had to do it several times even while fast forwarding in videos sometimes.

I tried several things mentioned in the forums here, removed configs from pulse and alsa and now my headset isn't even shown in pavucontrol. But I can see it in alsamixer and nothing is muted.

Can someone help me with that? I booted into ubuntu and everything is working fine there. At the beginning it was working in manjaro too but it seems like i can't reinstall alsa without removing a lot of dependencies.

P.S. I just saw that manjaro users aren't supposed to post here.... Sorry for that. I thought because it is arch based, it wouldn't make a difference... If it's against the rules just delete it and I will search for a manjaro forum.

Last edited by sycx2 (2020-04-03 08:33:59)

Board footer