You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-20 22:42:33

Linux-Is-Best

nvidia-390xx removed from repository

I am 1/2 way installing Arch Linux and so I type in

sudo pacman -S nvidia-390xx-dkms

Installs successfully :-)  Next I type in

sudo pacman -S lib32-nvidia-390xx-utils

Not found. Well, that is odd.  Figure I must have the name wrong.

sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -Ss nvidia-390xx

Nothing found... Wait...What? I just install nvidia-390xx-dkms  That cannot be right.

sudo pacman -Ss 390xx

Nothing found.  Well, my repository must be bad. Time to change repos.  WRONG!  Changing repo does not resolve this.

Revisit the Wiki and it tells me it is now an AUR package.  WTF?!

Last edited by Linux-Is-Best (2020-03-20 22:44:08)

* Please be as detail as possible in your replies. As if you were speaking with a child.
* It is hard for me to understand sarcasm on the internet. Please try to avoid it.
* I rarely check PMs (personal messages).  If you want my attention please quote me.
* Please remember that experiences differ and opinions are not facts. - Thank you.

#2 2020-03-20 22:48:07

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

Re: nvidia-390xx removed from repository

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

#3 2020-03-20 22:48:49

Linux-Is-Best

sudo pacman -Ss nvidia-

Shows ONLY 440.xxx is now available on the repository.  440.64-5 to be exact at the time of this posting.

* Please be as detail as possible in your replies. As if you were speaking with a child.
* It is hard for me to understand sarcasm on the internet. Please try to avoid it.
* I rarely check PMs (personal messages).  If you want my attention please quote me.
* Please remember that experiences differ and opinions are not facts. - Thank you.

#4 2020-03-20 22:50:48

Linux-Is-Best

Well, that sucks.  So what am I to do? Uninstall and re-install or can I use 1/2 my install via the AUR?

My timing must really suck to catch it 1/2 through the change. lol

#5 2020-03-20 23:18:53

Linux-Is-Best

Linux-Is-Best wrote:

Well, that sucks.  So what am I to do? Uninstall and re-install or can I use 1/2 my install via the AUR?

My timing must really suck to catch it 1/2 through the change. lol

To answer my own question.  YES, you can install 1/2 from the repository and 1/2 from AUR.

That said I did decide to use the AUR to update since it seems to be a minor point version above. Uncertain if that is because there was an actual update or if the version reflected just the change from repo to AUR. Either way it all worked.

#6 2020-04-10 06:15:40

majamin

Have you considered using the nouveau driver? Works on my shi**y 10 year-old Dell with the REALLY old 340xx.

Board footer