You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-13 04:51:26

Booglejr

Aespresso: A gtk3 frontend for the archlinux-java script.

Hello all. I have been using Arch Linux for some time now and I am absolutely loving it. I really liked the archlinux-java script's functionality, but when I was developing with Java I got very tired of opening a shell and trying to remember the java versions and the commands to change them. So I wrote this nice little wrapper in Rust and Gtk3 a while back and I found quite useful so I thought I would share it with everyone.

Introducing Aespresso, a gtk3 frontend for the archlinux-java script

Here is a screenshot:
Aespresso

Where can you get it?
- Here is the link to the repo: https://github.com/Booglejr/aespresso (<----Repo)
- But, I have already made a package for the AUR so you can download it there: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/aespresso/ (<----AUR Package)

Sincerely,
Booglejr

Ideas create passion. And passion drives people to create change. And so it is mere idea that can change the world.

#2 2020-04-14 11:45:45

Stefan Husmann

Re: Aespresso: A gtk3 frontend for the archlinux-java script.

How can I close the program? There is no close button.

#3 2020-04-14 13:59:40

ewaller
Administrator

We tend to leave topics open and only solidly close them if they come back to life in the future with something irrelevant.   What we ask is that you edit your first post and prepend a tag to the title, sush as [SOLVED] or [ABANDONED] or [WORK AROUND] so that others who are seeking information can know the outcome without having to read the entire thread.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2020-04-14 14:05:36

Stefan Husmann

My question was about closing the program and not about closing the topic. smile

I think each graphical program should have a an internal possibility to be closed by the user and not rely on the window manager or so to have such a button.

#5 2020-04-14 14:15:28

Booglejr

That was not something that had occurred to me throughout my use, but it seems like reasonable request. I will see if I can add that sometime. smile

Ideas create passion. And passion drives people to create change. And so it is mere idea that can change the world.

#6 2020-12-07 07:16:28

Booglejr

I finally got around to adding a close button in the application itself. Enjoy! big_smile

Board footer