You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-29 09:35:03

peque

Problem about Cups!

Hey AF.

I just got a Keycera FS3800 Laser printer - And want to setup this for networking printing!

I have my server where I have installed Cups and edited along the wikiguide to cups.
But each time I want to print a testpage - it stops the printer.
I have installed the following packages:
cups - ghostscript - foomatic-filters and downloaded the ppd and copied into models. BUT nothing makes me able to print to the printer (Using network) - so that I able to set this printer up for anybody in my house no matter OS ??

Or know if this is a special driver or anything else ???

Have anybody any ideas or can help me getting further?

Just getting better .... All the time

#2 2006-08-30 14:39:12

jimbo-62

Re: Problem about Cups!

peque wrote:

Hey AF.

I just got a Keycera FS3800 Laser printer - And want to setup this for networking printing!

I have my server where I have installed Cups and edited along the wikiguide to cups.
But each time I want to print a testpage - it stops the printer.
I have installed the following packages:
cups - ghostscript - foomatic-filters and downloaded the ppd and copied into models. BUT nothing makes me able to print to the printer (Using network) - so that I able to set this printer up for anybody in my house no matter OS ??

Or know if this is a special driver or anything else ???

Have anybody any ideas or can help me getting further?

Maybe a little more detail? How is your printer connected? Is it connected via a parallel port to a PC or is it connected to a router with an ethernet cable, etc.

Good luck, jimbo

#3 2006-08-30 14:55:42

peque

Of course.

The printer is connected using rj45 and nothing else.

My network is made with a LAN zone(where the printer is)  with a IPTABLES firewall to the outside.
I have swith 24ports connected to the firewall and thats where allo PC´s are connected to unless they are using the wireless - buit still they are connected using this switch.

I have 1 PC (laptop) connected directly to the printer - works just fine.
But I would´like to use a cups-server, for alle PC in the house. So no matter what they have to go via the cups-server.

I have copying the ppd file that I got to work on the laptop - and using the exactly same settings about the printer. But when I try to print a test page - THe cups server returns with the printer stopped. After from what I can see - there´s no problem about the network - I can ping, telnet and everything else - But the only problem is that the machine I want to use as cups server will not print with the printer.

The laptop prints just fine (I used the kde guide to install the printer on this - and another laptop wioth windows also prints fine directly on the port)

Hoefully this was some more info - Or write me which details you want!

Just getting better .... All the time

#4 2006-08-30 21:30:03

jimbo-62

peque wrote:

Of course.

The printer is connected using rj45 and nothing else.

My network is made with a LAN zone(where the printer is)  with a IPTABLES firewall to the outside.
I have swith 24ports connected to the firewall and thats where allo PC´s are connected to unless they are using the wireless - buit still they are connected using this switch.

I have 1 PC (laptop) connected directly to the printer - works just fine.
But I would´like to use a cups-server, for alle PC in the house. So no matter what they have to go via the cups-server.

I have copying the ppd file that I got to work on the laptop - and using the exactly same settings about the printer. But when I try to print a test page - THe cups server returns with the printer stopped. After from what I can see - there´s no problem about the network - I can ping, telnet and everything else - But the only problem is that the machine I want to use as cups server will not print with the printer.

The laptop prints just fine (I used the kde guide to install the printer on this - and another laptop wioth windows also prints fine directly on the port)

Hoefully this was some more info - Or write me which details you want!

Sorry, beyond my skill level. I print to a network printer which is attached to a router with a standard ethernet cable. The printer is just a device on the network. The router is the "firewall" to the outside world and the gateway to the Internet for the PCs on the network.

Good luck, jimbo

Board footer