You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-02 16:08:35

MTH

[Solved]Bug report connection/login : error 23

I can't login in https://bugs.archlinux.org/ to report bugs that came with my last system update that broke so much things (probably all related to the same thing, but I don't know what it's related to).
At the bottom of the page, in red : Error 23 : user or group not enabled to login.

Last edited by MTH (2020-05-02 20:20:08)

#2 2020-05-02 16:10:31

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [Solved]Bug report connection/login : error 23

Ok.  Is there a question involved?

Why can't you log in?  Do you get an error?  Do you not have an account?  Do you not have fingers with which to type in a username / password?

EDIT: oh, I see "error 23" in the title.  Is that displayed on the webpage (on the bottom in a red message bar)?  If so, what's the message with it?  If not, where is it from?

Also, are you sure you should be reporting bugs?  If an update broke "so much things" I'd wager there is a problem on your end.  You can certainly ask for help on the forums here, but you'd need to describe the problem(s).  I highly doubt you have anything worthy of a bug report.

In any case, please also have a look at the article below on how to ask questions efffectively:
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

EDIT: FYI, line 837 of flyspray/lang/en.php:

'error23'                 => 'User or group not enabled for login.',

Last edited by Trilby (2020-05-02 16:26:00)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2020-05-02 16:27:24

V1del
Forum Moderator

I agree with trilby, start off with describing your problems with factual outputs and information in a forum post.

Not a pacman or update issue, moving to NC

#4 2020-05-02 16:30:08

MTH

At the bottom of the page, in red : Error 23 : user or group not enabled to login.

Also, my question is not about other things, just about the login errors.

Also, I tried to edit my question, but the page crashes and I forgot about it.

#5 2020-05-02 16:40:57

loqs

None existent account should be error5,  wrong password error7.  did you activate your flyspray account using the confirmation code that is sent to the email address you used to register?
Edit:
Please do take Tribly and V1del's advise and triage your issue on the forums first so you can post bug report containing all the relevant information if required.

Last edited by loqs (2020-05-02 16:43:42)

#6 2020-05-02 16:43:09

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

I just checked the code again, and indeed error23 is for an existing account, but it either has not been enabled (as noted above) or has been disabled (possibly for previous misuse?).

But really, the important point here, in your edit, you even note that all your problems are likely related, but you don't know the cause.  So what exactly do you expect to do on the bug tracker?  What package are you going to report a bug against?  Again, you should not be reporting a bug until you know what the problem is.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#7 2020-05-02 16:55:22

MTH

Step 1) I wanted to see if the bugs I had had already been reported.

Step 2) I just wanted to log in because I wasn't logged in.

Step 3) I told myself that I wasn't the only one (like Archlinux.org and the forum had problems yesterday).

Step 4) Tilix doesn't start. Except by going through tty (which bombards me with pam errors), but before starting to transcribe (copy-paste impossible) the error messages, I wanted to know if, before proceeding with my investigations, I was going to try to find out how/where the problem with bug.archlinux was.

Also, thematically, this topic came closest to my mind: problem with bug reports on packages/upgrades ... problems.

#8 2020-05-02 16:59:42

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

MTH wrote:

You don't need to be logged in for this.

MTH wrote:

And, have you confirmed/validated your email for your bug tracker account?

MTH wrote:

Step 3) I told myself that I wasn't the only one (like Archlinux.org and the forum had problems yesterday).

I told myself I was more attractive than Brad Pitt.  The ladies still didn't buy it.

MTH wrote:

Step 4) Tilix doesn't start.

That is not likely worthy of a bug report.

MTH wrote:

Also, thematically, this topic came closest to my mind: problem with bug reports on packages/upgrades ... problems.

But you've only just mentioned an actual problem related to a package / upgrade (with no details yet).  You didn't want this thread to be about a package/ugprade problem, you wanted it to be about logging in to the bug tracker.

If my car breaks down on the way to buy a toothbrush, I'm going to bring my car to a mechanic, not a dentist.

Last edited by Trilby (2020-05-02 17:00:23)

#9 2020-05-02 17:10:29

loqs

You do not need to transcribe the errors see the tip box from pastebin.  Run tilix from the console redirect the output to the pastebin then post the generated link.
What method do you use to start tilix that fails?  What was in the last update (/var/log/pacman.log)?

#10 2020-05-02 17:14:15

MTH

I was just explaining why I had published it, and maybe it's because written English is far from being a language I'm fluent in and I wasn't clear, but...

Tilix was just an example, so I didn't want to post here about tilix, I was just explaining why I was publishing here.

I'm pretty sure it was clear.

My problem is that I can't connect to bug.archlinux and since yesterday archlinux was down, maybe it was linked.

#11 2020-05-02 17:16:53

MTH

Trilby wrote:
MTH wrote:

MTH wrote:

And, have you confirmed/validated your email for your bug tracker account?

MTH wrote:

I told myself I was more attractive than Brad Pitt.  The ladies still didn't buy it.

MTH wrote:

Step 4) Tilix doesn't start.

That is not likely worthy of a bug report.

MTH wrote:

But you've only just mentioned an actual problem related to a package / upgrade (with no details yet).  You didn't want this thread to be about a package/ugprade problem, you wanted it to be about logging in to the bug tracker.

If my car breaks down on the way to buy a toothbrush, I'm going to bring my car to a mechanic, not a dentist.

Wow, that is so condescending.

#12 2020-05-02 17:36:59

loqs

loqs wrote:

did you activate your flyspray account using the confirmation code that is sent to the email address you used to register?

Please do read through Bug_reporting_guidelines#Upstream_or_Arch? before reporting a bug on the arch bug tracker.

#13 2020-05-02 17:40:40

MTH

loqs wrote:

You do not need to transcribe the errors see the tip box from pastebin.  Run tilix from the console redirect the output to the pastebin then post the generated link.
What method do you use to start tilix that fails?  What was in the last update (/var/log/pacman.log)?

My only terminal is tilix and through tty, the output (tilix > something) is empty.

But from what I see, there would be a shared library missing with yesterday's update.

But that wasn't the point and thanks.

#14 2020-05-02 17:42:42

MTH

loqs wrote:

did you activate your flyspray account using the confirmation code that is sent to the email address you used to register?

A while ago.

#15 2020-05-02 17:45:01

loqs

Common issue on the last few days has been a partial update causing library breakage of libicuio.so.  There have been multiple bug reports about it,  closed due to partial updates not being supported and a few threads as well.
Edit:
If there has been no email from the bug wranglers notifying you of account suspension you can contact them See support-staff with bug wrangler role or #archlinux-bugs.

Last edited by loqs (2020-05-02 17:53:49)

#16 2020-05-02 17:46:12

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

EDIT: this was cross posted with the above two posts.  So now one question answered.

MTH wrote:

Tilix was just an example, so I didn't want to post here about tilix, I was just explaining why I was publishing here.

So you posted in a subforum relevant only to the thing you didn't want to post about?

MTH wrote:

Wow, that is so condescending.

No offense was intended.  But you are posting nonsense and changing the question every time your question is addressed.  I intened to highlight how doing so is not only counterproductive, but frankly disrespectful to everyone here as you continue to evade all points intended to help you.

Did you get the email from the bug tracker, and did you activate your account?  This is the third time this question directly relevant to your stated problem has been asked (and likely the third time it will be ignored).

MTH wrote:

But that wasn't the point and thanks.

Then what is the point?  You just want to be able to log in to the bug tracker?  Has your account there been suspended?  What is the username?

Last edited by Trilby (2020-05-02 17:48:41)

#17 2020-05-02 17:54:20

MTH

loqs wrote:

Please do read through Bug_reporting_guidelines#Upstream_or_Arch? before reporting a bug on the arch bug tracker.

I didn't want to report a bug, I wanted to know why I can't connect in case or/and when I want to report a bug.

Trilby wrote:

You need to login to follow/subscribe an existing bug report. Anyway, I want to log in and I can't. Do I need a reason to log on?

#18 2020-05-02 18:03:14

Scimmia
Fellow

There is no user on the bug tracker with the name "MTH"

#19 2020-05-02 18:07:47

MTH

Trilby wrote:

EDIT: this was cross posted with the above two posts.  So now one question answered.

Sorry, I lost track of messages and questions while writing.

Trilby wrote:

No offense was intended.  But you are posting nonsense and changing the question every time your question is addressed.  I intened to highlight how doing so is not only counterproductive, but frankly disrespectful to everyone here as you continue to evade all points intended to help you.

Again, I'm sorry if I was unclear. But there is still in the title the purpose of this post.

Trilby wrote:

Has your account there been suspended?  What is the username?

Amathadius, but I didn't get any message saying my account was suspended. I even tried and succeeded in changing my password thinking that this was the problem as the red banner was terse.

#20 2020-05-02 18:12:41

MTH

loqs wrote:

Common issue on the last few days has been a partial update causing library breakage of libicuio.so.  There have been multiple bug reports about it,  closed due to partial updates not being supported and a few threads as well.

That does seem to me to be the problem with tilix (libicuuc.so.** and vte-**.so) and my other problems that I wouldn't mention here so as not to confuse everyone, but "tilix" is not in the title.

#21 2020-05-02 18:21:11

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

MTH wrote:

Again, I'm sorry if I was unclear. But there is still in the title the purpose of this post...

Amathadius, but I didn't get any message saying my account was suspended. I even tried and succeeded in changing my password thinking that this was the problem as the red banner was terse.

Much better.  This is the kind of information we really needed.  Nobody here doubts that you are having trouble logging in, but we need details to be able to help.

An account with that name does exist, but does seem to be disabled.  Trying to reset your password was a good idea (at least to the extent that it's exactly what I might have tried).  This problem logging in to the bug tracker sounds like something that could be reported on the bug tracker! (JOKE, sorry, couldn't resist).  But Scimmia is now in this thread, and he should be able to check out what may be wrong with your bug tracker account (I think he has that access).

ASIDE: I am sorry if I did offend.  Some of my content had a fair share of sarcasm, but I intended it not as an insult, but instead to illustrate how hard it was to see what was going on from our end (until we got direct information).  Sorry that it missed the target.

Last edited by Trilby (2020-05-02 18:23:46)

#22 2020-05-02 19:08:49

MTH

Scimmia wrote:

There is no user on the bug tracker with the name "MTH"

It's Amathadius on the bug tracker.

Tribly wrote:

Much better.  This is the kind of information we really needed.

That's been the title all along. At least, until someone answered. You even pointed that out when you asked me if there was a warning or something.

Tribly wrote:

I am sorry if I did offend.

It's okay. Let's say that yesterday, one thing doesn't work, then another, then another, then archlinux.org down and finally I can't connect to the bug tracker and I had the same message on the bug tracker this morning. I was trying to explain something for which I had no information (other than a red banner with an error number) and that everyone was trying to tell me that I had misexplained the example, which was absolutely not the point. I must admit that the dentist analogy hurt my teeth a bit. wink

#23 2020-05-02 19:16:21

Scimmia
Fellow

That account is disabled, likely because of FS#65051. Looks like a case where I would have meant to disable it for a few days and probably never got back to it. That's the risk you run when being a dick and the software doesn't have a concept of temp bans. I'll reenable it now.

#24 2020-05-02 20:19:34

MTH

Scimmia wrote:

I'll reenable it now.

Thanks.

Scimmia wrote:

That's the risk you run when being a dick and the software doesn't have a concept of temp bans.

Or to inform you when you have been banned or temporarily banned. After 3 months, I didn't know I'd been banned.

Board footer