You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-04 18:40:33

onny
Website

[solved] My PKGBUILD is somehow broken, switches git branch to makepkg

Hey,
I wrote a more or less simple PKGBUILD for packaging Quakejs as a webapp with systemd service files included to start the dedicated gaming server.
But somehow after running makepkg, my shell (fish) switches to the branch makepkg and changes are somehow lost.
Maybe I have some typo or something inside the PKGBUILD https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/ … uakejs-git

Would be really glad if someone can help me with this smile

Best regards
Jonas

Last edited by onny (2020-05-05 10:35:28)

#2 2020-05-04 18:47:32

loqs

Re: [solved] My PKGBUILD is somehow broken, switches git branch to makepkg

Are you referring to the git checkout in ${srcdir}/quakejs as the one being altered by makepkg?

#3 2020-05-04 19:03:36

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

onny wrote:

But somehow after running makepkg, my shell (fish) switches to the branch makepkg and changes are somehow lost.

I'm not sure what this means / is supposed to mean.  This sounds like a (possibly incorrect) interpretation.  Please post the actual observations, ideally as commands and outputs that have led you to this interpretation.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2020-05-05 03:46:33

eschwartz
Fellow

onny wrote:

when makepkg is told to use git sources for a PKGBUILD, it clones the source and creates a temporary branch called "makepkg" to build from.

If "changes are somehow lost" inside the $srcdir, this implies you are doing work inside of makepkg's private workdir, and this is explicitly not supported and will explicitly break. By intention.

But I have a suspicion that you're extremely confused on multiple levels. For example, your shell doesn't switch to anything, your shell is not a git client. Instead of blaming stuff on your shell, please explain what you actually did and commands that you ran. None of this "my shell (fish)" stuff.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#5 2020-05-05 10:35:07

onny
Website

Thank you, I solved the problem by cleaning up the right directory of .git* files instead of the srcdir smile

Best regards
Jonas

Board footer