You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-10 01:18:29

FayeAleph

AUR PKGBUILD that depends on AUR packages

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was a standard way to include AUR dependencies for an AUR package. For example, I'm trying to package something that requires libcurl3-gnutls for version information. I of course ran into the problem where the depends field only works for official Arch packages.

Thanks for the help!

#2 2020-05-10 01:24:31

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: AUR PKGBUILD that depends on AUR packages

You list them in the depends field. Can you clarify what kind of problem you've run into? It's the general assumption that you'd install the relevant dependant package via makepkg/the AUR beforehand

#3 2020-05-10 01:27:48

FayeAleph

I was just wondering since it doesn't automatically install! If that's not the intended behavior then that's fine, it just seemed strange to me.

#4 2020-05-10 04:53:36

eschwartz
Fellow

The AUR provides build recipes, not packages. Packages depend on other packages. Build recipes need to be built before you have a package.

Obviously in order to depend on a package provided by another AUR build recipe, you must have that package already built, right? Because pacman doesn't support the AUR, and makepkg doesn't support the AUR?

If you want more automation than this, this is *why* https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers exists.

AUR helpers automate usage of the Arch User Repository. In particular, they may automate the following tasks:
[...]

• resolving of dependencies between AUR packages;

[...]

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer