You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-22 22:13:56

Kivi

Playing audio CDs from the terminal

Hi!
I want to play my CDs and I'd prefer a terminal based player, I'm using mplayer ath the moment, which works... sort of, but I dont like the way it handles audio CDs, it doesnt show artist, track title, and data like that, and also spits lots of logs, I'd far prefer to play it through mpd for example somehow so I can use my alreadyt existing mpd setup with ncmpcpp somehow.

What are some good programs to get this done, or how would you go about it?

Edit:
The worst part about is that skipping tracks doesnt work with mplayer, otherwise I'd be fine with it, but might as well try to add it to my current setup right?

Edit 2:
I didnt mention, VLC works fine but is not terminal based, but there is also a weird issue with mplayer, when plkaying the disc with mplayer the CD player is far far more noisy for some reason, but VLC also has an iissue fo not reading track titles and artist and since its a gui I will mention this too, it doesn't load the album cover either.

Last edited by Kivi (2020-05-22 22:28:02)

#2 2020-05-23 01:49:32

merlock

Re: Playing audio CDs from the terminal

Eenie meenie, chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak -- Bullwinkle J. Moose
It's a big club...and you ain't in it -- George Carlin
Registered Linux user #149839
perl -e 'print$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10); '

#3 2020-05-23 12:09:12

Kivi

Re: Playing audio CDs from the terminal

Yeah I've been there, but I'm specifically looking for a player with support for actual hardware audio CDs, best would be if it were possible through mpd, and these players on the link server a different purpose, those seem to play audio files, through their client.

Board footer