You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-24 07:35:55

d_fajardo

[SoJved] Java Runtime Environment crashes when playing BluRay discs

I recently got hold of a new BluRay box set. The feature films in it play without problems but when I try to play some of the bonus discs, I get JRE errors. Here is the coredump generated by java:

https://pastebin.com/P5dYtjpG

VLC would begin to read the disc. It goes through the language selection page, then the FBI warning page up until the Play menu. When I choose an item to play, it crashes.

I'm using java-8 for the BluRay libraries but also I've tried java-11 and java-14 but with any java greater than  8, VLC just stalls with:

GUIManager:0: ERROR: getInstance(): no instance !

I don't think this is a DRM issue. I pass the disc through MakeMKV and it seems that it's able to decode the disc OK.

I'm not sure how to debug this problem. I'm not entirely sure if it's really java at fault. It could be VLC or NVIDIA.

Much appreciation for any help.

Last edited by d_fajardo (2020-05-26 07:24:48)

#2 2020-05-26 07:23:48

d_fajardo

Re: [SoJved] Java Runtime Environment crashes when playing BluRay discs

For some reason, simply installing mplayer fix the problem with VLC only this time when I play the video, it skips the language menu and the FBI warning and goes directly to the content.
So VLC just resorts to mplayer as the decoder in the background in this time of need.

EDIT: It didn't solve the JRE error but solved my playing the discs so I'll mark this as solved.

Last edited by d_fajardo (2020-05-26 07:25:42)

Board footer