You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-06 05:57:29

Luis-L

I cant get suspend or hibernate (hibernate now works) to work

EDIT: Using Kernel 5.7 the issue with hibernation is fixed. Thats most likely because of a patch applied to Kernel 5.7. Suspend is still not working and has the same behaviour.

I have been using Arch for some time now on my HP envy x360 ds-0155ng. It generally works perfectly fine. But whenever I try to hibernate or sleep, the Display turns off and the Power LED stays on. The Fans normally turns off but its mostly off during normal use too. If I then close and open the Lid I sometimes get the Cursor from Plasma to show but I cant move it or go to a different TTY. The only thing I can do is to hard reset the Laptop. I had a problem with a Thinkpad some time ago and it was solved with a BIOS update. The Problem with that is that the BIOS installed on my Laptop is newer than the one on HPs website. I tried using the Standby option in plasma and also tried both "systemctl hibernate" and "systemctl suspend". All with the same results. I tried some of the debug steps on https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/ … gging.html . Sometimes they work with the expeteted result but sometimes I have the same issue where I have to force my laptop to shut down. They always gave me that error: "bash: echo: write error: No suitable device found". I have read somewere that it can be because I have an amdgpu. I found some kernel parameters that I cant find anymore but with those parameters my laptop wouldnt even boot. Can someone help me?

Last edited by Luis-L (2020-06-09 05:08:58)

Board footer