You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-09 21:26:52

MasterGeek.MX

[SOLVED] Plasma's system monitoring widgets don't show anything

I just did the upgrade to KDE Plasma 5.19.0-1, and one of the featured chenges don't work for me: the system monitoring widgets.

No matter which one I add, anything shows up:

https://i.imgur.com/ttm9JAr.png

I though it was a config issue, but when I go to the widget settings, there is no sensors to select from:

https://i.imgur.com/IKvVEoA.png

I have installed Plasma via the package group (instead of the metapackage).

moderator edit -- replaced oversized images with links.
Pasting pictures and code

SOLVED edit: The solution is to update in order to get libksysguard version 5.19.0-2. Good ol ``sudo pacman -Syu`` at the rescue!

Last edited by MasterGeek.MX (2020-06-15 04:03:11)

I made a bow to not perpetrate the meme, so I don't RTMF people, and I don't even say the name of the distro unless I am asked direclty.

#2 2020-06-09 21:28:57

mcloaked

Re: [SOLVED] Plasma's system monitoring widgets don't show anything

The cpu monitor and network speed plasmoids seem to be broken in 5.19.0 - hopefully there will be a fix once a bug report goes in upstream?

Mike C

#3 2020-06-09 21:33:57

MasterGeek.MX

mcloaked wrote:

The cpu monitor and network speed plasmoids seem to be broken in 5.19.0 - hopefully there will be a fix once a bug report goes in upstream?

ALL of the monitoring plasmoids are broken. They cannot pull a list of sensors to read.

I made a bow to not perpetrate the meme, so I don't RTMF people, and I don't even say the name of the distro unless I am asked direclty.

#4 2020-06-10 04:07:45

fettouhi

Can confirm this after upgrading to 5.19.

#5 2020-06-10 05:49:38

Salkay

I've got this too.

mcloaked wrote:

hopefully there will be a fix once a bug report goes in upstream?

Is there actually an upstream bug report submitted?

#6 2020-06-10 06:12:35

dkb

d_ed, a KDE contributor has this:

There is a bug. It's caused by me rushing in some last minute change to avoid a packaging conflict that came up.

I should know by now it's better to have a minor bug than risk introducing a new bug...

Fixed already.

See https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/g … w_widgets/

Last edited by dkb (2020-06-10 06:13:37)

#7 2020-06-10 12:14:32

navarroaxel

I wonder how small was the fixed bug.
The widgets don't work in KDE Neon too.
I run the ksystemstats manually at the startup and the widgets work again... but don't look cooler than 5.18

#8 2020-06-10 14:30:20

mcloaked

They are working again for me after a ksysguard update this morning.  However the new plasmoids I believe need some refinement.  The network speed plasmoid has a legend with the download speed value merged in with the character title so you can't read the download rate.  The CPU monitor doesn't seem to be able to show separate plots for the 8 processors in my case so it is a colourful mess - I would rather have 8 separate plots one above the next as in the old plasmoid - at least you could then see what each CPU was doing.  For some tasks it is very useful to see how the CPU % is changing with time.  Perhaps this will be refined over time in upcoming updates.

Mike C

#9 2020-06-15 03:56:14

MasterGeek.MX

I have the same behavior on the network speed monitor. I will call this thread as solved becasue the update of libksysguard solves the issue stated in the title, but I wil keep it active becasue it is clear that the widgets need more work in order to become the best version of them.

#10 2020-06-15 04:00:07

Salkay

MasterGeek.MX wrote:

I wil keep it active becasue it is clear that the widgets need more work in order to become the best version of them.

I'm not sure what you mean by "keep it active", but this isn't really the place for those kind of complaints. It won't get the right attention here. If you have issues with the plasmoids (and I certainly agree that they aren't very good!) then perhaps post in the KDE forums or create a bug report upstream.

#11 2020-06-15 04:42:01

MasterGeek.MX

Salkay wrote:
MasterGeek.MX wrote:

I wil keep it active becasue it is clear that the widgets need more work in order to become the best version of them.

I'm not sure what you mean by "keep it active", but this isn't really the place for those kind of complaints. It won't get the right attention here. If you have issues with the plasmoids (and I certainly agree that they aren't very good!) then perhaps post in the KDE forums or create a bug report upstream.

Sorry. Old practices that I carry from back in the day forums.

#12 2020-06-15 20:40:29

mcloaked

The network speed and the one CPU monitor plasmoid that I use have been improved in the updates in the past couple of days.

Mike C

Board footer