You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-29 17:34:47

kifuna

KDE session restore: konsole not restored

Hello,

I am currently experiencing a very annoying problem with the newest konsole version: I have set that my KDE session is restored on every login (automatically saved upon logout), which worked perfectly up to the latest update. While other applications like dolphin or okular are perfectly restored, konsole is either not restored at all, or a single window appears, even if multiple windows were open when logging out. Furthermore, before the update the current working directory in konsole was restored, now - if at all - one is left in the home directory.

I already tried setting up a completely new user - same behavior. These problems appear on three different computers (which, however, are very similar in terms of installed packages).

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Maybe there is even a solution to it which I have overseen?

Thanks for your help!

#2 2015-02-03 17:27:23

thunderstone

Re: KDE session restore: konsole not restored

Hi kifuna,

I can confirm the problem.
When I first faced the problem I thought that I accidentaly closed my console window with it's 4 tabs. But that wasn't the case. The Konsole window is closed after every login.

Could you already solve the problem?

#3 2015-02-04 19:50:00

kifuna

Hi thunderstone,

good to know that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Unfortunately, I could not solve it yet. Also, it is surprising to me that I could not find anything related to it on the web.

#4 2015-02-04 20:40:45

nullified

I'm having a similar issue with other applications (firefox-develoepr, urxvt, qpdfview).

I have a feeling this is one of those growing pains of a huge release like this. At this point I'm just going to keep an eye on the KDE bugtracker. This particular issue has been reported. The original bug report submitter is also on Arch (perhaps OP here submitted it?).

"We may say most aptly, that the Analytical Engine weaves algebraical patterns just as the Jacquard-loom weaves flowers and leaves." - Ada Lovelace

#5 2015-02-07 15:53:29

alexandernst

I'm the guy who reported the bug. No news so far sad

#6 2015-02-07 19:12:50

kifuna

Today's updates of several KDE components including konsole did not resolve this bug.

Last edited by kifuna (2015-02-07 19:13:31)

#7 2015-02-15 21:22:20

cfr

I'm seeing 2 bugs in Konsole:
- tabs and working directories are not restored
- customised keyboard shortcuts (at least for paste) are forgotten almost instantly [not quite instantly - they work immediately after being set but not for long]

Tabs in Okular are not restored either. But this is not a regression: tabs were not restored on Arch with KDE4 either. [I say on Arch because I have a feeling they are on Fedora but cannot check right now as I'm on my Arch machine.]

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

#8 2015-03-02 15:19:36

cro

Same problem here with konsole and also with kwrite. konqueror and okular work fine so far.
Could this be a side effect of the transition to Qt5 and KDE5 ?

#9 2020-06-17 12:54:54

clupus

I just stumbled on this issue here. I seem to be affected partly: I have two machines both running Arch. On one machine, the konsole is started automatically and the session before shut-down is restored (aka the same number of windows/tabs and the working directories are restored the best way possible). On another machine, the konsole is not started at all and if I start it manually, no session is restored. Instead, a single window with a single tab in the home folder is started.

Does anyone have an idea or found a solution to the problem?

#10 2020-06-17 13:25:21

V1del
Forum Moderator

This has been 5 years ago, while KDE was still in the transitioning phase between Qt4 and Qt5 components, it's unlikely that any of the things discussed here are still representative of the current state.

If you want help solving your problem open a new thread with details on your installation, software versions involved, what you are using to start your session etcetc. Since you apparently have a system where it works like it should compare differences, are both on the same software version stack, do they have differences in the plasma settings.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping%22

Closing this old thread.

Board footer