You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-06 16:02:26

CarolusRex

Shift key sometimes stops working

Hi everyone,

I have quite a strange issue - sometimes shift keys (both) on my laptop stops working and it seems to be a software-related issue.
I think there is some conflict between two drivers or something like that.

Some information, which could be useful:

- After switching to Telegram Desktop app shift keys does not work as far as I don't start to debug it with evtest - after several tries they are starting to be appeared.
- I use ctrl+shift hotkey to switch language, so it could be grabbed as some part of key-switch hotkey. Doesn't seem to be truth.
- Instead of xorg-server I use xorg-server-865 from AUR. DE - XFCE, DM - lightDM

- /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf

# Read and parsed by systemd-localed. It's probably wise not to edit this file
# manually too freely.
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "system-keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Option "XkbLayout" "us,ru"
        Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp,grp:ctrl_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection

BTW, systemd-localed is inactive

One more issue - if screen has locked with inactive timer, after login keyboards stops working until I would not open terminal and try to press some key. If it is has been already opened - this trick would not work, so I should directly open terminal with mouse and re-try. Even while describing I feel that it's some piece of magic, so no hope that somebody would be able to help me with this part =\

Thanks in advance!

Board footer