You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-25 22:31:28

tombenko

xflock4 breaks Acer Aspire ES1-531 GUI

Hay!
I met a strange behavior of xflock4. When I lock the screen (or the energy manager does), locking happens, but when I'd like to unlock, the screen goes blank. I can type the password blind, and the lock is gone, but the screen gets vibrating as it is out of sync and no refresh. I can work blind when I exactly know, where have I click, but nothing is seen. This is'nt happens with other DE-s, like LXDE (with it I tried).The i915 module bloats lots of characters without any meaning for me. Is it a known problem?
TB

#2 2020-06-28 09:02:34

superium

Re: xflock4 breaks Acer Aspire ES1-531 GUI

maybe some theme problem happens , why not use light-locker instead.
it provide the same look as gtk-greeter.

#3 2020-07-07 21:53:46

tombenko

I tried light-locker - after resuming, the GUI fails too. Changed the theme, and the problem stays with me.

#4 2020-07-15 09:45:16

tombenko

OK, this is strange.
Since the lightdm have problems with startting, I changed to sddm. That starts, able to start the choosen session, but the locking problem remained. The following lockers tried I: light-locker, xlockmore, xfce4-screensaver, gnome-screensaver, xscreensaver. Then I thought, maybe changing the DE would help. Changed to LXDE with lxdm. lxdm started and broke. No screen refreshing (except the cursor), every reaction was only blinking, but I was able to login the session, but it then failed. Just blank screen and a cursor. Not bad, just terrible. Ok, let's try LXDE-GTK3. The dm started with black screen and a little rectangle in the middle with a piece of the login screen. Login fails. LXDE starts from console, and the locking still failed. Then I followed the experiment. Next choice KDE Plasma. With sddm, that was ok before. Now it was still ok, but KDe isn't. Black screen, blue cursor. From console did the same. Change. Next was Deepin. I don't know, why, but installed lightdm and deepin greeter - and it started problemless! Deepin started too. Shiny, cute, fast - and the first program I started (terminal) made the usual: outof sync, no refreshing, etc. Deepin looked like GNOME, which I used for three or four years ago. When I tried to coonfigure for my taste, fell out love with it, and purged. Now I installed GNOME, gdm ok, login ok, even XFCE4, and the problem with locking and graphic driver is gone. Gone. Gone.
I can't undestand, maybe remained something from Wayland/Weston, or purging the GNOME wasn't perfect, and it came out nowadays, but it was extremly boring since this machine is used mostly for productivity, so I don't want to test it.
Solved?

Board footer