You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-09 15:35:35

untitled-software

tint2 and terminus-font not playing well together

I have the terminus-font package installed from the official repo. It works perfectly well in other packages (st, firefox, etc), but in tint2 it displays square glyphs with the character hex values inside. I'm relatively sure it's not my config file, as I'm using the same file on my desktop running Gentoo and it works perfectly fine there. The setting is a follows:

$SETTING = xos4 Terminus Normal 12

I've tried different sizes, both larger and smaller, to no avail. I've also tried making it conform to the format shown in fc-list (

xos4 Terminus:style=Regular ... 

), again to no avail (instead of displaying the glyphs it falls back to a default monospaced font). The laptop I'm having this issue with has a resolution of 1366x768, compared to my desktop resolution of 1920x1080, but other than that there aren't any differences between my WM set up on the desktop and on the laptop as far as I can tell (other than, obviously, the desktop running Gentoo compared to Arch on the laptop).

I'm not sure exactly what other information to provide here, as there are no error messages when I run tint2, or anything like that, so let me know.

Thanks.

Board footer