You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-19 11:01:19

AP2

Black screen on 2-in-1 laptop when it is rotated under Xorg/X11.

Hello,

I searched on your wiki but I didn't find anything about this problem.

Well, I've got a 2-in-1 laptop (tablet/pc). When I rotate it in portrait mode and in reverse mode (360°), I've got a black screen during some seconds. I've got this problem under Xorg/X11 but not under Wayland. I would like to know what's wrong and why it is done under Xorg/X11 only. I also want to know if there is a fix for it, or a solution. For your information, the laptop have an Intel graphic card only. I tried under KDE and Gnome.

Thanks for your help and your reply.

Regards.

#2 2020-07-20 11:00:51

AP2

Re: Black screen on 2-in-1 laptop when it is rotated under Xorg/X11.

Hello,

no idea ?

well, I would like to say to you that the problem is only in portrait mode. In reverse mode (360°), it is ok (the display is instantaneous). So, it seems to be a 'resolution' problem. I think the screen must to be recreate in portrait mode because the display is different. So, what I want to know is if there is solution to fix that problem of black screen during the rotation in portrait mode. For example, through the file of configuration of xorg ? or something else ?

Thanks if you've got an idea.

Note: Xrandr is use for the rotation.

Last edited by AP2 (2020-07-20 11:01:42)

#3 2020-08-18 10:13:22

AP2

Re: Black screen on 2-in-1 laptop when it is rotated under Xorg/X11.

Hello,

I found the problem when I searched information on the net. This is a 'bug' and it is well know by the Xorg Team. It was never fixed since 8 years. Here is the links of the messages posted on Xorg forum :

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xse … issues/216
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31313

So, I'm not the only one to have this problem, and nobody fixed it. sad

Board footer