You are not logged in.

#26 2020-07-27 14:04:21

uberben

Re: [Solved] Xorg failing to launch

I had removed amdgpu.dc=0 shortly after introducing it yesterday, so it wasn't present in the logs from today.

Strange I don't see amdgpu-pro-installer when searching the AUR with yay, but thank you for this link! That person is having issues with amdgpu-pro-libgl crashing GDM, so I removed that package and now I'm back in Gnome!

It is strange that the problem showed up months after kode54 started experiencing it in that issue, but maybe that AUR package got updated drivers before the packages I'm using. Hopefully amdgpu-pro-libgl isn't critical for anything I do.

Thanks for your help!

#27 2020-07-27 14:07:56

seth

Unless you're using the amdgpu pro driver, the library should not be installed at all.

Please always remember to mark resolved threads by editing your initial posts subject - so others will know that there's no task left, but maybe a solution to find.
Thanks.

#28 2020-07-27 15:50:20

uberben

amdgpu-pro-libgl is needed for Davinci Resolve it seems, but I can install it before launching and uninstall before rebooting for now (that is work around listed in the Davinci Resolve Arch wiki entry right now).

I'll mark as solved right away.

Board footer