You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-06 03:44:53

ectospasm

Post your XMonad desktop! 2020 edition

Rather than post to the old thread, which had its last post in 2018, I'm starting a new thread for XMonad desktops.  Here's mine:

twVB6jP

My XMonad config is at least ten years old.  I never really grokked Haskell, so I've put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into my setup.  Please don't criticize the quality of the code, I'm sure it could use a serious overhaul:

xmonad.hs

My latest edit was adding the bottom dock, with conky and dzen2.  Much of my dzen2 configuration is embedded within the xmonad.hs above.  I've standardized my dzen2 and dmenu2 configuration into .Xresources:

Xft.dpi: 158
Xcursor.theme: Vanilla-DMZ-AA
dmenu.font: xos4 Terminus:pixelsize=18
dmenu.foreground:  #aaaaaa
dmenu.background:  #000000
dzen2.font: xos4 Terminus:pixelsize=18
dzen2.foreground:  #aaaaaa
dzen2.background:  #000000

Here's my pretty new one-liner conky-cli configuration:

-- Conky, a system monitor, based on torsmo

-- Any original torsmo code is licensed under the BSD license

-- All code written since the fork of torsmo is licensed under the GPL

-- Please see COPYING for details

-- Copyright (c) 2004, Hannu Saransaari and Lauri Hakkarainen
-- Copyright (c) 2005-2019 Brenden Matthews, Philip Kovacs, et. al. (see AUTHORS)
-- All rights reserved.

-- This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
-- it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
-- the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
-- (at your option) any later version.

-- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
-- but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
-- MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
-- GNU General Public License for more details.
-- You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
-- along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

conky.config = {
	background = false,
	cpu_avg_samples = 2,
	net_avg_samples = 2,
	no_buffers = true,
	out_to_stderr = false,
	update_interval = 1.0,
	uppercase = false,
	use_spacer = 'none',
};

conky.text = 
[[${goto 10} RAM:$memperc% ${goto 10} Swap:$swapperc% ${goto 10} CPU: $cpu% ${goto 15} / ${fs_used /}/${fs_size /} ${goto 15} /home ${fs_used /home}/${fs_size /home} ${goto 20} Net: ${upspeed wlp4s0}▲|${downspeed wlp4s0}▼ ${goto 25} ${top name 1} ${top pid 1} ${top cpu 1} ${top mem 1}
]];

The conky configuration still isn't perfect, the length of the output string varies with the bandwidth in use every second.

#2 2020-07-29 20:51:22

cameo

Re: Post your XMonad desktop! 2020 edition

Thanks for a new thread reviving good old XMonad!

Here's mine, though it is actually from last year and on Arch32. Find the details in the article behind the linked thumb:
de297lp-64fb0662-21f3-4e48-88a8-f543a0e25588.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNTdhZTQzYjctMDM0MS00ZjFhLTk3MjAtYjk0NWYxMTJkYmM2XC9kZTI5N2xwLTY0ZmIwNjYyLTIxZjMtNGU0OC04OGE4LWY1NDNhMGUyNTU4OC5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.y8VdqXFcvTfJHXaPHgxB6fkCEDByAJF83AZ0WlItCWo

For the record: Though this desktop still exists, unfortunately due to driver conflicts of X and/or libinput and the keyboard, it is suffering from random freezes and yet practically unusable. The problem remains unresolved, so I run the machine occasionally on ttys only until maybe I feel curious enough testing wayland on it.

Last edited by cameo (2020-07-29 21:13:54)

Board footer