You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-13 16:28:53

J-Lentz

iwgtk: Lightweight graphical wifi management utility

This is a GUI front-end for iwd that I've been working on over the past month or so. Most of the functionality of iwctl has been implemented; hidden networks are the only missing function now. It's still a work in progress, but I think it's at a point where others may find it useful.

Repository: https://github.com/J-Lentz/iwgtk
AUR package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/iwgtk/

#2 2020-08-14 19:01:30

J-Lentz

Re: iwgtk: Lightweight graphical wifi management utility

0.2 is out, with support for hidden networks.

#3 2020-08-24 19:19:09

Thulinma
Website

Thank you so much for this! I've been pondering writing something like this myself for months now, but never had the time. Now it appears some kind soul has done it already - and not only that, but it actually works well, too. :-D

The only thing missing from this to make it perfect is the ability to run in the background with a tray icon (perhaps showing the signal strength).
Are you perhaps already considering something like this, and if not, would you accept potential pull requests to add it? My free time is limited so no clue how long it would take me, but I'll do the work myself if it's not already planned. ^_^

#4 2020-08-30 17:10:41

J-Lentz

Thanks for the kind words, Thulinma. I'm planning to add tray icons over the next few weeks, although I need to complete a bit of refactoring first. If you're interested in contributing, your contributions would be more than welcome.

My plan for the tray icons is to have one icon per wifi interface, and to have the icons indicate each interface's connection state and signal strength.

#5 2020-08-30 23:55:17

Thulinma
Website

That sounds good to me!
Yeah I'd love to help out, as this is something I definitely plan to use on a daily basis. Just want to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes etc.
I think it's probably best if I wait for you to be done refactoring, first - right? Just give me a shout when you're ready ^_^

#6 2020-08-31 00:15:29

CarbonChauvinist
Website

This looks interesting, any chance a screenshot can be added to the README.md?

"the wind-blown way, wanna win? don't play"

#7 2020-08-31 05:17:23

J-Lentz

Thulinma wrote:

That sounds good to me!
Yeah I'd love to help out, as this is something I definitely plan to use on a daily basis. Just want to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes etc.
I think it's probably best if I wait for you to be done refactoring, first - right? Just give me a shout when you're ready ^_^

Will do. Contributions are always welcome if there's something you'd like to fix/add, but I do think it would be wise to wait for a bit until I push the refactoring I've been working on.

CarbonChauvinist wrote:

This looks interesting, any chance a screenshot can be added to the README.md?

Certainly. I just added one:
station.png?raw=true

Board footer