You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-02 01:32:40

Cyberpunk_Is_Bae

KDE and Stability Tweaks

I'm just looking for any tweaks you've done to boost KDE stability.  I find the DE nice visually and (most importantly) to have the only viable mouse handler for gaming (which is odd, given the size of the software and its numerous subsystems).  But I also find that it frequently forgets settings, locks up applications, wonks out click handlers, and otherwise behaves like a brittle, fussy toddler who never tests his code.

Thoughts?

#2 2020-09-02 07:20:26

d_fajardo

Re: KDE and Stability Tweaks

But I also find that it frequently forgets settings, locks up applications, wonks out click handlers, and otherwise behaves like a brittle, fussy toddler who never tests his code

The only issue I've had so far with KDE is with the new nvidia-450 driver and kwin being discussed here. In the past there were KDE programs that crashed but they usually get patched by the next update. Otherwise, everything works pretty well and quite stable in my system.
You have to be more specific, i.e. which settings get forgotten, which applications get locked, etc. otherwise the forum won't have any clue what to suggest particularly since we all have different hardware makeup.

#3 2020-09-03 22:07:44

fistrosan

I find that Kwin tends to crash quite often, specially if you switch quickly between workspaces. So recently I found that you can actually use ANY tiling window manager inside KDE. I am currently experimenting with i3 and if I get it right I should really work much better than Kwin.

https://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials/Usin … ith_Plasma

#4 2020-09-06 23:09:10

zpg443

The only issue I have had is Dolphin crashing, and that was because I was attempting to open folders for bluetooth devices that had been disconnected, or folders being accessed by another process.

Board footer