You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-15 09:10:47

schard
Forum Moderator
Website

[SOLVED] Temporarily change sender email address in Evolution

Is there a way to temporarily change an email address in Gnome's email client Evolution?
My problem ist that I have an old email address that is currently being redirected to my current email address without having a separate post box.
I am currently cleaning up old internet accounts and many providers require me to send them an email from my old address.
Since I can only select preconfigured email accounts as sender in evolution, I currently need to change the sender address back and forth between my old and current email address by navigating into the settings menu, each time I need to reply to those confirmation emails.
Another option that I already dismissed would be to copy the entire account configuration and set the old email there accordingly.
This however, would duplicate all my emails in my post box on my machines.
Is there a quicker way to change the sender email address?

Last edited by schard (2020-09-15 10:30:13)

macro_rules! yolo { { $($tokens:tt)* } => { unsafe { $($tokens)* } }; }

#2 2020-09-15 10:14:42

progandy

Re: [SOLVED] Temporarily change sender email address in Evolution

It looks like Evolution should support aliases as well as overriding the From field:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/question … -evolution

If you also have to set Envelope-From, then you might be able to create an additional mail account in evolution without any receiving method and only smtp to send mail.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#3 2020-09-15 10:30:01

schard
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Temporarily change sender email address in Evolution

@progandy: Thanks for the hint. It made me look up the other possible fields under "View" and now I feel really stupid.
Go to "View" →select "From Override Field": https://home.richard-neumann.de/Bildsch … %3A41.webm
D'oh!

macro_rules! yolo { { $($tokens:tt)* } => { unsafe { $($tokens)* } }; }

Board footer