You are not logged in.

#26 2020-09-27 17:16:51

Zod

Re: [SOLVED] Connected to my home wifi network but can't ping anything

kucukhr wrote:

Just a quick question because at this point I fall short on terminology when speaking english/turkish. We have something called 'modem' in our home which is what everybody is connected to. That is the router right? I am now unplugging the power and plugging back in again. Will report back in 10 minutes. In case if it works, I just want to say that all windows computers and android mobile phone connect without a problem so far. Anyways let's do it.

It's hard to tell, in some cases the modem is separate from the actual router, in that case I would reset both.

If it's all just one device rebooting it should be sufficient.

#27 2020-09-27 17:19:09

seth

That is the router right?

Probably - ISP issued devices are typically integrated modems/routers (and crap ;-)

Since you receive an IP from the router dhcp, I'm not sure whether it's the culprit - except if it has an old lease for the device an sends traffic there…

@Zod, NM defaults to resolved - whether it *should* do so is another matter tongue
This is however no DNS issue, so I cannot blame my favorite pinata…

#28 2020-09-27 17:20:57

kucukhr

@Zod, it worked sad
I am both happy and sad. I don't know what to say anymore. Okay, I marked it as solved. This much I can do.

EDIT: Thank you thank you thank you.

EDIT2: Guys I got morale back now. Guess I continue to be an archlinux fanboy!!! cool lol

Last edited by kucukhr (2020-09-27 17:37:34)

Board footer