You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-03 23:29:57

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

[SOLVED] Looking for iPhone browser sim/emulator for testing

Are there any free and functional tools to simulate or emulate an iphone web browser for testing a web page?

I've had two prospective clients have trouble with submitting a form on my website, and I think they are both using iphones.  I'd like to test whether it should work or pin down what might be going wrong (oddly, there's nothing special, it's a fairly long form, but it's pure HTML with no JS and a real submit button with form action of a server-side script).

I've found several subscription services for this purpose, and I've also found several free tools available online, like this one but they don't seem to do ... well, anything: there is some iphone UI, but it doesn't load any url provided to it within the UI.

Alternatively, if there are any iphone users who could help out, I've made a prefillled version of the form that just needs the submit button clicked here.

EDIT: a couple submissions just came through via the test link above.  If that was you - thanks - but also please confirm if that was via an iphone (and which browser / version if you care to share).  Feel free to email / DM me if you'd prefer.

edit: solved, and the testing page has been removed.

Last edited by Trilby (2020-10-04 02:14:04)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#2 2020-10-03 23:59:29

merlock

Re: [SOLVED] Looking for iPhone browser sim/emulator for testing

Used my wife's iPhone, didn't add any info to the form. 

Got the page that says "New Client Form Received".

Some specs, if needed:

iPhone SE (2019/20)

IOS 13.7

Safari browser

Eenie meenie, chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak -- Bullwinkle J. Moose
It's a big club...and you ain't in it -- George Carlin
Registered Linux user #149839
perl -e 'print$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10); '

#3 2020-10-04 00:04:48

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Awesome, thanks.  Perhaps the problem that triggered this question was a fluke or not really related to iPhones.

While having a simulator / emulator would still be handy if anyone is aware of any such tools, I'll consider this thread solved for my purposes if one or two more iPhone users can confirm it works.

Last edited by Trilby (2020-10-04 00:17:06)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2020-10-04 01:51:44

GaKu999

Just tested the provided link with 2 browsers and it seems to work just fine.

Specs:
iPhone 6s
iOS 13.7
Safari
Firefox 28.2

Is more testing required with iOS 14.0.1 or maybe other browsers?

Trilby wrote:

While having a simulator / emulator would still be handy if anyone is aware of any such tools, I'll consider this thread solved for my purposes if one or two more iPhone users can confirm it works.

For faking an iOS-like maybe a VM with OSX?
Unless that's against their Terms of Service...in that case idk about other options... hmm

Last edited by GaKu999 (2020-10-04 02:00:02)

My reposSome snippets

Heisenberg might have been here.

#5 2020-10-04 02:12:53

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Thanks, yours were recieved too.  I guess I was barking up the wrong tree and everything works fine.  User error it is / was.

Board footer