You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-08 11:32:30

ibrokemypie

Pulseaudio no longer shows sound card

A few months ago I followed the wiki article regarding splitting the analog and digital outputs on my motherboard into two different sound cards. The other day after a pulse audio update and booting my sound card no longer showed up to pulse audio at all.
I have a file '/usr/lib/udev/rules.d/90-pulseaudio-snd_hda_intel.rules'  which contains

ACTION=="change", SUBSYSTEM=="sound", KERNEL=="card*", \
ATTRS{subsystem_vendor}=="0x1849", ATTRS{subsystem_device}=="0x1151", ENV{PULSE_PROFILE_SET}="snd-hda-intel.conf" 

and a file '/usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/snd-hda-intel.conf' which contains

[Mapping analog-stereo]
device-strings = front:%f
channel-map = left,right
paths-output = analog-output analog-output-lineout analog-output-speaker analog-output-headphones analog-output-headphones-2
paths-input = analog-input-front-mic analog-input-rear-mic analog-input-internal-mic analog-input-dock-mic analog-input analog-input-mic analog-input-linein analog-input-aux analog-input-video analog-input-tvtuner analog-input-fm analog-input-mic-line analog-input-headphone-mic analog-input-headset-mic
priority = 15

[Mapping iec958-stereo]
device-strings = iec958:%f
channel-map = left,right
paths-input = iec958-stereo-input
paths-output = iec958-stereo-output
priority = 5

[Profile analog-stereo+iec958-stereo]
description = Analog Stereo Duplex + Digital Stereo Output
input-mappings = analog-stereo
output-mappings = analog-stereo iec958-stereo
skip-probe = yes

after the recent pulesaudio update, none of the files in '/usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/' except my custom file '/usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/snd-hda-intel.conf' exist at all, and neither my analog output nor my digital output show up in any pulseaudio tools

moving '/usr/lib/udev/rules.d/90-pulseaudio-snd_hda_intel.rules to '/usr/lib/udev/rules.d/90-pulseaudio-snd_hda_intel.rules.bak and restarting pulseaudio works to make both outputs show under one card again as it did initially, and downgrading to pulseaudio-13.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst, libpulse-13.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst and pulseaudio-bluetooth-13.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst also makes aaudio workj as it did before

any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by ibrokemypie (2020-10-08 11:34:42)

#2 2020-10-08 11:42:14

ibrokemypie

Re: Pulseaudio no longer shows sound card

Ah it seems that copying /usr/share/pulseaudio/alsa-mixer/profile-sets/snd-hda-intel.conf to /usr/share/alsa-card-profile/mixer/profile-sets/snd-hda-intel.conf  solved the issue, it would be very helpful to have a new item regarding this change of location and the changes required to make old configurations work after the update!

Board footer